Jung Won Restoran Korea BBQ, Ampang

I always wanted to make a visit at the famous Jung Won Restoran Korea BBQ but I never able to make it because of this restaurant is just next to Sayfol International School. During their lunch hour, it is really hard to get in here and even get a parking. I really sympathy with this restaurant because they will not able to get any customers during this hour. Unless they meet a persistent customers like us. I determine enough to introduce our local Korean cuisine to my friend from China. 
This is the seating outside of the restaurant but I prefer to seat inside.
They just renovated a small section of their restaurant. Their entrance looks nicer this time.
This is the new design of their air-conditioned section. Tidier and more neat than before. They will cook the meat in their kitchen so no more live cooking to see in this restaurant anymore. The good part is you can leave this restaurant without any unwanted smell on your body.
I got myself a private room. They only have only one private room in this restaurant but if you do not spend more than RM600. You will be charged an additional RM100. Since I am going to write them in my blog, so I got the privilege to enjoy this room without any charges.
They have wine selection here too. Not many choices thou.
Korean Ginseng Tea is always the best choice to chill down the heaty BBQ food.
Good range of side dishes. All of them are delicious to us. We refilled at least 5 times.
This is the best sauce to accompany with the BBQ meat that I experienced so far.
Our chef on that day. She is not a Korean obviously.
They are running a Duck BBQ promotion and I really love to eat duck meat in Korean style instead of Chinese style. So this should not be missed.
BBQ Duck @RM40.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is the most delicious food I have ordered on that day. I do not think it is enough! I really like the duck fragrance that roam inside my mouth and stay in my mouth even after I have swallowed them. Fantastic! Unlike Chinese style, the duck meat is not hard to chew and does not carry the heavy gamey taste with it.

In Korean BBQ, first must not missed is Duck BBQ and second is the Pork Belly. I can't take beef so this is my must order list for me.
Sam Gyeop Sal @RM25.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - I really like how it taste especially when I mixed with their special homemade sauce which I have introduced to you earlier. Honestly, if just pure pork meat without any fat in it, it is really not delicious at all. You just have to choose the meat with a little fat in it such as pork belly to entice the taste of it. Actually, I am not really like to eat fat so when it comes to Korean Cuisine, this is always a dilemma for me. 

Next will be lamb. This is the one and only choice for lamb.
Yang Gal Bee @RM39.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - To those who does not like gamey taste, please avoid ordering this. I love the gamey taste so I think this lamb is just perfect for me!

Lastly will be chicken meat. Same like lamb, this is the one and only choice for chicken meat.
Daki Go Kee @RM29.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Maybe I started to fill full because I do not taste anything special about this chicken. Anyway, it is still good to eat. Nothing awkward. Urgh...sorry chicken, I can't really taste you well. I am really so full!!!

Overall, we really love this Korean restaurant. She is very satisfy and I am too! It is really worth the visit but I somehow do advice to come for the dinner instead to avoid the unwanted congested traffic here.
Total Damage: RM150.15
Service: 4/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes


Jung Won Korean BBQ Restaurant
255, Jalan Ampang Hilir, 
55000 KL.
Tel: 03-4257 5555
Business Hours: 11.00am - 11.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan