Yuan Xiang Seafood Restaurant, Port Dickson

I really have to thank my ex-colleague, Jeffrey who helped me by introducing good local foods at Port Dickson and one of them is a seafood restaurant called Yuan Xiang Seafood Restaurant. This restaurant is quite far away from their local town. It may takes 15-20 minutes drive. However, it is worth every single drop of petrol to reach here. Uniquely, this is the first seafood restaurant that I known of which is located inside a Chinese temple. Well, let's cut the chatter and introduce to you the first restaurant for my 2012 blog.

Errr...did I just say seafood restaurant? How come it feels like a steamboat restaurant instead by having a stove in the middle??
Ladies & gentleman, here is the reason what is the stove is for. This is their restaurant signature dish and also the best seller which you must order especially when you are here for the first time.
Let's look what is inside. All the delicious seafood are gather around in this pot. This is called Hot Pot Seafood @RM50.00. It comes along with the mee hoon. The mee hoon itself is not the ordinary cheap mee hoon. This one is slightly thicker.
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Very uniquely delicious. I never taste something like this ever in my life. I taste sour, spicy, slightly saltiness and sweetness in it. Basically I have named all 4 tastes out of 5. I insisted that you all need to order this to experience and understand what I am trying to say here.

Crab with salty egg @RM36.00 (RM45/kg)
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The meat is a lot and eating a crab is always a great finger exercise for me. As for the taste, if you are salty egg lover, you gotta try this! I am more to butter cheese or butter taste.

Butter Cheese Lobster @RM31.50 (RM90/kg)
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - I just love butter cheese on seafood and even chicken! Extremely delicious lobster meat. So fresh which you will just know they just "passed away" not long ago. LOL

Lala in White Wine @RM15.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The lala are not that good because I still can eat sands along with their meat. That is really an appetite spoiler. However, the gravy in white wine is really very delicious!

I am so glad that I able to taste something special which I have yet to find it in KL. This is a truly a discovery for me. I wish to come here again in my next trip to Port Dickson. I have other dishes which I have yet to find out such as prawns and fish! A grouper! Yummy!

I read a few complaints about this restaurant for their slow service. Amazingly, I am not experience any of that. Maybe it is because my friend, Jeffrey has given the lady boss a great signal to treat me with an excellent hospitality. I am truly grateful with that.

Happy New Year to all my dear readers!!! I can taste and smell that 2012 is going to be a great year for all of us! March ahead! Yosh!!!

Total Damage: RM135.50
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: Yes!

Yuan Xiang Seafood Restaurant (was known as Hoon Leong Seafood Restaurant)
Batu Enam, Hoon Leong Temple,
Jalan Pantai
Teluk Kemang Sirusa,
71050 Port Dickson
Negeri Sembilan
Tel: 06-662 1032
Business Hours: 12.00am - 3.00pm; 6.00pm - 10.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan