Creamery Boutique Ice Cream, Mount Austin

I don't know since when ice cream has becomes the latest hit in Malaysia. A lot of ice cream parlors coming to town. I do not have to mention about the numbers of ice cream parlors in Klang Valley but I will just tell you the total amount of ice cream parlor that I known of as of date at Mount Austin Heights alone only is already got 5. Yes, you heard me right. Just this tiny place alone has 5 ice cream parlors. I heard from my friend who is staying there claimed that it is more than 5 at Mount Austin Heights. Well, all I have seen was 5 so far. Anyway, what is more exciting is one of the ice cream parlor which is known as Creamery Boutique Ice Cream is a famous franchise ice cream in Thailand. They have 4 ice cream parlors in Bangkok and now they are setting their foot in for the first time in Malaysia. Their first choice was not KL but JB! How honored I am for being a Johorean!
Ice cream...hmm...who doesn't like? From young kids to the parents are all the big fans of ice cream. I wouldn't hide myself by not admitting I am one of the big fan too!
Due to the crazy amount of competitors, everyone created their own signature way of presenting their ice cream. Some using the nitro ice cream or soft serve ice cream but this ice cream parlor has done it a rather creative way. So as you can see, first, you select a type of cookie out of their 4 given choices. Their signature cookies are Matcha Lava and Choco Lava. Well, I opted for Matcha Lava for a rather less sweet cookie.
After that you choose a scoop of ice cream out of their 12 choices. You can test their ice cream for free. Their popular ice creams are Mix Berry Cheese, Baby Milk and Green Tea. Their baby milk ice cream is really 100% made from baby milk. So does the Guinness flavor, a real strong stout beer flavor in it. Meanwhile for their Banoffee flavor is not a mixture of banana and coffee which is what I thought it should be but it is banana with caramel. For your information, all their ice creams are homemade ice creams. 
It took them more than 10 minutes to serve. For a single scoop ice cream, it costs RM16.90 and every additional scoop will cost RM8.90/scoop.
Matcha Cookie with Mix Berry Cheese + Thai Tea @RM25.80
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 4/5


Look at the matcha lava melting out from the cookie. The cookie is hot but the matcha filling is cold. The mixture of hot and cold is amazing. It reminds me of the Chocolate Molten Lava Cake but this is a cookie. It is really harder to make based on my experience in making the Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. Besides that, I really love my choice of Mix Berry Cheese ice cream which carries a strong cheese taste in it with a little sourish berry taste. Thai Tea ice cream is not bad either as the tea taste in it is so strong and the mixture of Thai Tea and the Japanese Green Tea are really matching somehow. 
Overall, I really love this ice cream parlor and they have become one of my favourite! They just made me feel that the soft serve ice cream is already old school. I am hoping they will maintain their current quality and keep on innovate more new ice cream flavors and cookie flavor. 
Total Damage: RM25.80
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Yes

Creamery Boutique Ice Cream JB
33, Jalan Mount Heights 8/3,
Taman Mount Austin,
81100 JB
Johor
Tel: 07-3621300
Business Hours: 2.00pm - 10.00pm (Wednesday off) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu