Wasabi Bistro, Mandarin Oriental

Hometown mate is here again to have a nice dinner with me at Wasabi Bistro which is located inside the high class Mandarin Oriental. The first restaurant opened is at Honolulu, Hawaii which later on it brings over to Malaysia and Singapore.
They are not an ordinary Japanese restaurant. They are a fusion of French and Japanese in it. So I will not order any Japanese food today. I will just order their signature foods. So expect no Sashimi in this post.
This is served for free. It is really appetizing!
Kumi's No.1 @RM16.00++/pc
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - First signature dish...Avocado wrapped with white fish and turns to be like a mini mash potatoes for me. Taste really delicious but one is just enough.

Papaya Motoyaki @RM38.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is delicious! I like the combination of the baked cheese together with the fresh seafood and sweet papaya! They mixed together very well. It might tends to be a little oily and salty so just remember to scoop in papaya in your every scoop to neutralize it.

Dynamite Scallop @RM30.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This dish a little queasy feeling for me but so many scallops into one bowl like this is definitely new for me.

Cold Inaniwa Udon @RM38.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - I know I know...I did said earlier that no Japanese food will be ordered but I just can't help it to see the favourite food that I like the most here. The noodle is great but just the sauce is not up to my expectation. I prefer more to sweeter side of taste instead of the salty side.

Japanese Melon @RM60.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is my first Japanese Melon for this year. I know it is over priced but I just like the feeling of how a fruit melts in my mouth with unlimited juice splashing out of it. I just can't resist the temptation.

Overall, this restaurant is pretty unique because it is my first time seeing such combination style in a Japanese restaurant. Worth to try! I will definitely be back for other signature dishes which I have yet to try.

Total Damage: RM241.30
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes

Wasabi Bistro
Mandarin Oriental KLCC
Tel: 03-2163 0968
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 2.30pm; 6.00pm - 10.30pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon