Restoran K.T.L @Cheras

Honestly, I have to admit finding a restaurant for my sister's mom to dine is almost like a mission impossible because she is a picky eater. But I like such challenge. If I able to make her like a restaurant, it is like scoring a goal against Manchester United myself. So after much survey and on site testing, I confirmed the is one restaurant will able to stand out to get her acknowledgement. This restaurant is called Restoran K.T.L. One thing special and unique about this restaurant is all their food is steamed. No fried, grilled or any other cooking style. Since it is only steamed, their food serving speed is quite slow. However, all the steamed food is always very healthy.

So many fishes crowded in a small tank. This will hurt themselves and make their meat no longer good to eat.
But I did not choose all those fish. I prefer one of their signature dish which is Steamed Snakefish @RM33.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - I am so embarrassed that after I tried the fish for 3 times and I am very sure this is a very good dish but on that day, their standard suddenly dropped. The fish is not as tasty as before. However, the fish is so cheap for such a size. If you remember my bitter gourd post at Fu Kua Restaurant, the fish was so small already cost me for RM84.00.

Steamed Vege @RM5.00. Normal vegetable. Not their signature dish.
Steamed Pork Ribs @RM7.00.
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not very salty and quite tasty but you can skipped this if you have to.

This is their another signature dish. Steamed Egg @RM5.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 4/5: This is a must order dish! The egg so soft and even softer than a Soy Bean Curd. Cannot even compare with the one at Le Porc Dor. The standard is just too far apart to be compared. This dish able to get acknowledgement from auntie! Hooray! But my sis insists her steamed egg at Pudu is way better than this and claimed that will bring me there one day to test it. Hahaha...listen first...I know it will not happened that soon at all.

This restaurant is located in the row of shop lot just right opposite the Petronas Gas Station.
The parking here will be slightly difficult. Illegal parking is just unavoidable. This is another example of a restaurant that has a break in between their business hours which once again proves my theory that restaurant which has such break will always serves good food. Previous history will be:
1) Restoran Seng Huat
2) Restoran Haeun Khon


Total Damage: RM58.50 (5 pax)
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Slow
Will I revisit?: Yes!


Restoran K.T.L
Gerai No 3A, Jalan Manis,
Taman Segar, 56100
Cheras
Tel : 017-8727567, 012-3087311



Business Hrs: Daily, 10:30am – 2:00pm then 5:00pm – 8:30pm (depends on the availability of fish). Closes earlier on Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Quan Ice Cream & Coffee House, Pandan Indah