Funky Villa, e@Curve

I think it has been a long time for me that I did not share any voucher reviews with you all and also it has been a long time I did not share a Groupon food voucher. As you all know that, Groupon food voucher has letting me down so badly which I need to consider a lot of times before making my final decision. Some of my bad experience with Groupon voucher as below:

However, I still give them a chance and bought a food voucher which brought me to a restaurant called Funky Villa and the deal as below:

Very straight forward deal as you can see from the title itself but they have 2 vital requirements which make the booking very hard which are:
1) Valid on Fri- Sun only
2) Valid one month

Twice I have made a booking and I failed to attend both where my sister is the root cause. (Trying to make her double guilty LOL). After rescheduling for the third time, the lady boss was kind enough to squeeze me in to the dinner session on the final day. Phewwww...

Their ala carte menu -----> Link

Tik tok tik tok...waiting for 6.00pm as that is their dinner time. Later I found out that, my booking is under Ms.Liew. What the...does my voice sound like a female???
Their bar with funky graffiti.
More graffiti. That day this restaurant was really fully booked and all of them are carrying Groupon vouchers. Wow! Amazing~
Wow!!! Look at the whiskys!!! Let's get boozy tonight!
Lemongrass Juice (free flow)
Spring Roll
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 -Delicious and crispy!

Thai Otak-Otak
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 4/5 - Hot & spicy but I like it. I bet my sister will like it too~

Tom Yum Kung
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - You just have to order a tom yam in a Thai restaurant. So we have this seafood tom yam which is quite delicious at first but later after that I have to drink 5 - 6 glasses of Lemongrass Juice which is obviously the soup has a lot of MSG in it. Total that day I drank 12 glasses not because of trying to recovering the cost but I am just so thirsty.

Basil Leaf Chicken
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - Delicious and fragrant dish. Love it.

Seafood in Thai Chilli
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - Normal. Nothing special to describe it.

Glass Noodle with Seafood
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - Good when accompany with other delicious dishes.

We ordered Kangkung Chillies & Garlics which is not in the picture too.
This is the first time we are having an ala carte buffet. I like ala carte buffet because you do not have to get off your seat to pick the food and you do not have to walk around carrying plates with a lot of foods on it like a kiasu people. Looking forward for another ala carte buffet! We were quite full but I do not know whether it is my 12 glasses of water makes me feel so or all these dishes. Anyway, I am pretty happy that Groupon finally bring some great food for us! Btw, wi-fi is available here.


Total Damage: RM58.00 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: Yes


Funky Villa
Lot No. G-03A, G-06 & EG-06, 
Ground Floor, e@Curve, 
No. 24, Jalan PJU 7/3, 
Mutiara Damansara, 47810 
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Phone: 03-7725 2308 / 012-223 0652 (Sharon)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Quan Ice Cream & Coffee House, Pandan Indah