Ying Ker Lou, The Gardens Mall

After my sister and I somehow being "cheated" to Hakka Republic which is not a Hakka cuisine, I am not giving up the hope to find real Hakka cuisine. Finally, I found Ying Ker Lou which is located at The Gardens. This time to make sure they really served 100% Hakka cuisine, we demand the waitress to show us their menu. After double confirm, we agreed they served Hakka cuisine. Not all Hakka cuisines are healthy foods but today I am going to present to you all only healthy Hakka cuisine. Some example of other unhealthy Hakka cuisine foods are Layered Pork, Pork Knuckle with ginger, Fried Pork Belly and many more. From the words itself you already know how unhealthy they are.

Hakka Pounded Tea @RM14.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is Hakka's famous vegetarian dish. There is rice beneath all the vegetables. You can choose either brown rice or white rice. It taste good but the price is too expensive as you can have this food at any hawker stalls for less than RM5.00

The pounded tea which is accompany with the rice. This is a vegetarian dish.
Hakka Yam Abacus @RM17.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - They made it like abacus and it is made of yam. Very creative indeed. Hakka people encouraged their children to eat more this food so that when they grown up they have a lot cash to count. Haha...I wonder if I am doing that now. Anyway, the taste is not as good as I expect it to be because my mum can do way better than this. Furthermore, for a portion like this already cost RM17.00++??? Ridiculous.


Overall, this is really an authentic Hakka restaurant. As a Hakka, I am very proud to see my ethnic group cuisine being shared with everyone. For your information, after 1 hour...we felt hungry again. >o<


Total Damage: RM37.00 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: No

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park