Food Court @The Mall, Gadong

Here I am at Brunei after 4 hours bus ride from Miri. There is only one bus company that is travel to Brunei. It is called the XXXX bus company. Two time slots for you to choose a day to travel to Brunei which are 8.00am and 4.00pm. It is not a luxury bus but it is a well maintain bus. It is still okay to ride with it for 4 hours. Anything longer than that will be quite suffering. The bus will never full so do not worry about getting an advance ticket. You can buy at the time you are going to travel.

I seriously wondering is it Brunei hate our Malaysian Ringgit? Reason I am saying this is because their hotels and banks does not accept RM. I have to go to a money changer to change and their money changer is only available in their major mall such as this mall which is known as The Mall. If you have Singapore dollar, you can treat them as Brunei dollar. This is under their political term of these two countries to accept each others currencies.
At the time I was travelling to Brunei, unfortunately was the fasting month for the Muslim. So to find a food during lunch time is a challenge and especially you are looking for a good food. So I have to settle myself with a food court inside The Mall.
Loh Mee @B$5.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is a Loh Mee in Philippine style. Our Loh Mee is so black while their is so white. As for the taste, it was not bad and I really cannot complain much when I do not have much choices over there.

Ayam Penyet @B$7.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - Cannot compare with our Kelantanese style. This is way far off. It was so dry and what they show in their picture is not what I see here.

This is the disappointing Ayam Penyet stall.
I was supposed to meet a new friend, Mars Liew from Brunei whom promised to take me around but too bad that she cancelled in the final minute. However, I met this Japanese girl in the bus when I am on my way to Brunei. Her name is Ayaka Sanui. Glad to see her so that at least there is someone to share my expenses especially our rented car. We rent a Nissan Sunny for B$60/day. The petrol is included and the car condition is pretty comfortable.

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan