Peppermint Vietnamese Restaurant, Kota Kinabalu

This is my last post at Kota Kinabalu. So I would like to try something different which is a Vietnamese chicken rice. The restaurant name is called Peppermint Vietnamese Restaurant. It is located in the Karamunsing Capital.
Vietnamese Coffee @RM3.50. Vietnam famous with their Vietnamese Coffee. This is their way to make the coffee. When the coffee finished dripping into the cup, then you are ready to drink. Pretty good drink according to my Guilin friends. I am not a caffeine lover so I unable to appreciate this great drink.
Cincau Milk @RM2.80. Their cincau milk is has additional gula melaka a.k.a brown sugar in it. Taste not bad at all.
Their fragrance rice which is really fragrant. No kidding about it.
Special Chicken Rice @RM6.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Slight crispy chicken which brings out the unique different taste than the normal Chinese chicken rice we used to have. The amount of chicken given is not stingy at all. It some sense this is an economical and delicious food which is way better than a normal chicken rice.

It is worth to try and you will not regret it...definitely.
Final words for my final post about Kota Kinabalu trip and also my East Malaysia trip. As usual, I rent a car here. It is a Myvi which cost me RM110/day. The boss supposed to give me his rented car to me but in the end given me his cool Myvi with large woofer and mini LCD tv in it. Plus...with leather seats too! Lucky me!

About the stay, I stayed in two hotels at Kota Kinabalu because it will be quite bored to stay in just one hotel through my 5 days. First is the Celyn Hotel, it is a new hotel at KK City Mall. Very decent hotel with internet facilities. However, this place is jam packed during at night because it is beside the mall. As a hotel guest here, I have to line up for the queue to get back to my hotel. So it is an advice not to get back to your hotel too early. If possible, after 10.00pm.

Second is the KK Times Square Hotel. I just admire this hotel is they has a decent room and with wi-fi connection. Other than that, their parking is charged by entry and the noises surrounding area are pretty irritating. In the morning you will hear construction sound nearby and during the night you will here the airplane sound until 1.00am. Please do not trust their picture in Agoda. You will not get to see the such seaview because there is an ongoing construction covering the view already. Conclusion, avoid this hotel.

Last but not least, thank you very much if you are following up all my East Malaysia post up until now.

Total Damage: RM45.60
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Recommended?: Yes

Peppermint Vietnamese Restaurant
Ground Floor, Karamunsing Capital,
88000 Kota Kinabalu
Business Hours: 11.00am - 10.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang