Songket Restaurant, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng

This time I am going to take you all to a high class Malay restaurant which is known as Songket. However, it is going to be a disappointing one. First thing when I want to make an order, I saw a rat at a palm size running around at their drink counter. The waiter saw it and smile at me. LOL. His gesture makes me think that it is normal. Second thing, their drink menu is quite boring because of limited choices.
Nasi Minyak @RM6.00++ - Very delicious but quite expensive for just a rice.
Pandan Nasi Lemak @RM6.00++ - Rich coconut taste but not much of pandan taste. Most likely the green color is made from the coloring.
Pucuk Paku Goreng @RM15.00++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - Taste quite delicious at first but the more I eat the more salty it is. 

1/2 Ayam Lemak Masak Gelugur @RM14.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Just at the level of spiciness I can accept. Delicious gravy but the chicken is quite hard to chew. Kampung chicken maybe?

Cendol Penang @RM7.00++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 0/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 1/5 - I never know a penang cendol does not have cendol, the green color jelly. What is the point of a cendol is called a cendol when there is no cendol? Oh, it rhymed! Not just it, the brown sugar is taste so weird at a point I think it is spoiled. The worst is how can you charge RM7.00++ with only shaved ice with brown sugar and lots of milk and with some red beans? Unacceptable. In the end, I left it untouched.

Durian Tiramisu @RM18.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 0/5
Overall: 1/5 - Durian tiramisu by its name seems to be very interesting. I ordered it without hesitating after knowing the expensive price tag. Outcome is as you can see. It is more like an ice carved in Tiramisu shape. It is so hard for even using a fork to dig. Taste like durian? Yes. Made of durian? No. Artificial taste of durian. Some coloring is definitely there. This is my worst ever Tiramisu I have ever experienced. 

As for the conclusion, no need to further explain and you know what I am going to say. Not recommended at all. It is pretty bad to bring such standard of local food to people around especially the expatriates and tourists.

Total Damage: RM76.55
Ambiance: 2/5
Service: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: No

Songket Restaurant 
29, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng,
KL 50450
Tel: 03-2161 3331
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 3.00pm; 6.00pm - 11.00pm (opens daily but half day on weekends)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park