TWG Tea @Pavilion

That day my dream comes true when I finally able to have my tea time at TWG Tea with my two beloved ladies in my life. Yay! I always meet my Elayne jie whenever I am at KL. Sometimes I feel I am going to make her very bored already but I just love to find her even we do not have to talk a lot.
Back to the topic, this is the menu of what you will see from the entrance. They do not just serve tea and bread only. They do serve western meal too but I prefer this place for a great tea time because of their exquisite outlook and comfortable seating.
A tea book. Yes, you choose your desired tea from here. There are so many tea to choose from and you will get spoiled with choices. I took almost 15 minutes to choose my desire tea but in the end no result out of it. I had to get a waitress from Shezhuan, China with very fluent English to help me to decide.
If you ever wonder what does TWG stands for, it stands for "The Wellness Group". It is established in 1837. If you are thinking this is a European company then you are very wrong. It is belongs to our neighbour country, Singapore. 
Established as a tea trader since 1837 until today they had collected over 800 single estate harvested tea. So you do not have to be surprised if they got a book of tea for you to choose from.
Their tea is ranging from as low as RM19.00/pot/pax up to over hundred ringgit/pot/pax. Not kidding.
If you love their tea, you can purchase them here too. They do pack in package that is good to consider as a gift pack. 
They have a nice and attractive cakes for you to choose on.
This cake attracts me the most. So many strawberries! Yummy!
Their macarons are pretty unique which you wont get elsewhere! All of them are made from their tea.
Pai Mu Tan @RM19.00++ - Very light taste of tea. It is one of the white tea. I quite like it but you may find it as tasteless as plain water.
Red Chocolate Tea @RM19.00++ - It is a type of red tea with chocolate aroma. Hmm...may not be easily accepted by anyone. Just imagine chocolate inside a teh-O. LOL...sorry if this example is kind of humiliating but this is how I tasted it like.
1837 Tea Set @RM28.50 - You can choose any type of tea in their tea book which is valued at RM19.00/pot. If you wished to choose something more expensive, you will have to top up the difference. It comes with 2 scones or a cake of your choice. The macaron is not included.
Their scones is very fresh, fluffy and delicious. I wish they can give more than just two at the same price.
What is different than the other cafe is they have their very own TWG home made jelly. It is not so sweet and just nice to eat together with the scones. Actually you can eat them like that too. It is refillable.
I still prefer fresh cream to accompany my tasty scones. So smooth and delicious. I refilled it 3 times for just 2 scones. I think I eat fresh cream more than eating the scones. LOL.
Kaya Macaron @RM5.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 3/5 - The crust is made from their tea and the inside is the delicious kaya paste. I love it very much because it is not too sweet and very delicious. However, I still prefer Ete Cafe for having the best macaron so far in my heart. As for the price, it is really very expensive.

Creme Brulee @RM17.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Two different creme brulee at the price of one. One is the normal egg type creme brulee and another one is the pandan type. I find it is so-so and nothing really impressive to comment about this dessert but it does not taste bad either.

High class location for a cup of tea. However, they have already made their mark in 3 major shopping malls in Klang Valley which are Pavilion, The Gardens and Sunway Pyramid. Other places in Malaysia are Gurney Paragon Mall and KLIA. It is another luxury choice for a place to hangout if you do not wish to drink anymore coffee. I would revisit over and over again because I am more into tea than coffee. Well, if there is another alternative which is cheaper, I think I will skip this place.
Total Damage: RM92.95
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes since no other places for a cup of tea like this

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique 
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
Level 2, Lot P2.16.00 & 2.34.01
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur 
Tel: 03 - 2142 9922
Business Hours: 10.00am - 10.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang