A Li Yaa Island Restaurant & Bar, Bukit Damansara

This is my first Sri Lankan cuisine after having this blog for almost 3 years. It is very rare to find one restaurant like this in Malaysia and very seldom people would want to sacrifice their appetite for something they never tried before. For an adventurer like me, nothing gonna stop me from trying because after all we only got one life so live the fullest! Oh yeah, I am sorry. The restaurant name is called A Li Yaa Island Restaurant & Bar.
We know dim sum is Chinese, pizza is Italian, sushi is Japanese, kimchi is Korean and for Sri Lankan is appam! The above is coconut appam. 
There are 4 types of different appams which are original flavour which is without any topping, coconut, egg and sugar. The above is the egg appam.
Appam Galore @RM20.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - The above is sweet appam. Appam is a wafer thin bowl-shaped pancakes made from a fermented batter of rice flour and coconut milk. They recommend us to eat them the moment it is served for the best taste. Indeed it is true that the freshness of the thin wafer reduced in every second. I like the unique taste of this appam which I have not tried before. I reckon that even the original taste with no topping can be so delicious.

Briyani Rice @RM5.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Briyani rice is famous with their fragrance. However as for this briyani rice, it is not just fragrance but delicious and the portion is so big enough to feed two persons. It is very worth it when it is only cost at RM5.00++.

Mutton Paal Poriyal @RM25.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The look is not attractive but looks can be deceiving until you take the first bite. Just one small piece of mutton can contain a lot of fragrance of spices in it - That was the feeling I had the moment I took my first bite. This soft and tender mutton is quite spicy and the best part is there is very little gamey taste that you will experience from it. Very nicely done! I am truly impressed because it was way above my expectation.

Vallarai @RM12.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - I had lots of different type of minced meat before but a minced vegetable...hmm...this is my first time. It is quite sourish dish which entice my appetite to eat more. Very good dish!

They served us 4 different sauces which is commonly used in Sri Lankan cuisine. Very interesting and delicious. Overall, I would highly recommend everyone to try this Sri Lankan cuisine. You will never going to regret it. I am coming back for sure for their Sri Lanka crab which is their most famous signature dish. 
Total Damage: RM81.40
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Slow
Will I Revisit?: Yes

A Li Yaa Island Restaurant & Bar
48 G & M, Jalan Medan Setia 2,
Bukit Damansara
50490 KL
Tel: 03-20925378
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 3.00pm; 6.00pm - 11.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan