Ten Restaurant @Solaris Dutamas

Someone told me that Ten Restaurant is the most authentic and the best Japanese restaurant in Malaysia. When someone dares to make that claim, you just have to be there to make a point. Along with me today as you can see is my favorite Japanese food buddy, May Lynne and special guest...her mom!!! Seems like I get the chance to get along with a friend's mom again. Note: Sorry again that my sister's mom has thrown away my receipts and my following pricing and food names may not be accurate. My sister can just say sorry but she chose to tell me to "be flexible" and blame me for simply put my things around. Is this a signal of started taking you for granted? Hmm...
Itadakimasu!
Salmon Carpaccio @RM55.00++
Outlook: 5/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - The carpaccio sauce which mixed together with the fresh salmon was just supremely delicious. Wow...I seldom use the word "supreme" and now I used so you should try too. If to compare with Xenri D' Garden Terrace, this scores the upperhand.

Sashimi Moriawase @RM110.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - 5 kinds of sashimi with 3 pieces each. When they served, I only see 4 kinds which are Salmon, Tuna, Yellowtail and marinated Tuna. So they gave extra pieces to compensate. The marinated Tuna is the most unique ones and it is my first time to taste that. It is quite salty but I find it quite delicious somehow.

Inaniwa Udon Gozen @RM45.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Just additional RM5.00++ more you can have this lunch set which comes with appetizer of the day, fresh green salad, chawanmushi, Japanese rice (see picture below), tea/coffee(see picture below) and a dessert (see picture below). Their set lunch are so much worth it when the price of just the Inaniwa Udon Gozen cost RM40.00++. As for the taste, they are delicious without a doubt. Really up to their standard.

This is the Japanese rice which comes in the set.
Inaniwa Kamonanban Udon Gozen @RM50.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is a hot type of udon which May Lynne's mom is not into cold stuffs like sashimi and cold noodles which happens to be our favorite. However, this taste not bad at all! So big bowl and plenty of ingredients in it! Extremely delicious and worth it!

Una Jyu @RM100.00++
Outlook: 5/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is the longest unagi I have ordered so far. No wonder it is cost so much. We ordered the set but we cancel the rice even though the price is still the same without the rice. Well, I just wouldn't want to waste something we might not able to finish it. The taste of it was really great. I like the soft and tender meat melting slowly inside my mouth while the unagi sauce flowing out slowly from it. Excellent! P.S: The price for the lunch set and without lunch set is the same price.

Chawanmushi - it is delicious and most important part is...it is free.
Having my Earl Grey Tea, while May Lynne is having her coffee and her mom is having a Wild Berries Tea. Excellent after dining experience!
Lastly, we were pampered by their lovely Ice Cream Brulee. Very delicious and that's how it supposed to be like for a premium Japanese restaurant.
We were so full after that superb lunch session. I really like their service when they have a person to standby at our private room's door just to make sure we will be attended when we need. As for their menu, not many choices like I used to dine at other restaurants at similar standard. Only 2 pieces of papers in their large menu which inclusive their dessert in it as well. You can check their menu at their official website to understand what I mean. Maybe you will start repeating the same things after dine in for a couple of times. As for their taste, their standard is very high and will definitely leave a memory that you wouldn't forget. BUT...I just dislike a restaurant like this standard to charge their green tea...urgh...
Total Damage: RM435.00
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit? Yes

Ten Restaurant

D5-G3-5, Solaris Dutamas
No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +60 3 6211 9910
Business Hours: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; 6:00pm - 10:00pm (Monday off)

UPDATE: PLEASE TAKE NOTE, THEY HAVE SHIFTED TO NEW LOCATION

Ten Restaurant
A-G-1, Marc Residence, Ground Floor,
No.3 Jalan Pinang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +60 3 2161 5999

Business Hours: 11:30am - 2:30pm; 6:00pm - 10:00pm (Sunday off)
Take note:
1) No buffet served here
2) Children below 12 are not allowed in this restaurant.
3) Dress code: Smart Casual
4) You can get a free parking

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut