Restaurant Siu Siu @Jalan Robson

A fortnight ago, I promised my sister to have a seafood feast with her mum and dad after my winnings at Genting. Probably you know what I mean by winning. Hehe. Actually that day I was planning to go to Restoran Fresh Seafood Unique 23 which is located at Petaling Jaya. However after I got her parents in my car and on the way to pick up my sister after her class, I got myself stuck in the usual jam at Jalan Syed Putra. My "clever" instinct told me I need to find an alternative road so I will able to pick her up on time as she dislike waiting especially when she is alone.

So following my clever "instinct" I made a wrong turn and ended up at Jalan Robson which I started to notice that my clever "instinct" failed me once again. So I had to find a place to make U-turn and somehow, I managed to find a U-turn in front of a seafood restaurant called Restaurant Siu Siu. I saw a great crowds started to roam to this place at 6.30pm only. Straight in my mind thinking that, this is abnormal. From my experience, I know this is somehow a hidden gem which is hidden from me all this while. At the same time, I do not know how good is Restoran Fresh Seafood Unique 23 and not 100% sure how to get there since my clever "instinct" has already failed me earlier on, I decided to switch my plan to dine here after picking up my sister.

Hehe...I managed to maintain her happy mood because I am lucky that her class did not finished on time. If not, hohoho...
Does not have a crowded aquarium like the one at Restoran K.T.L.
This is the crowd I am talking about.
拉拉米甘香 @RM25.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Their lala is not teeny meenie ones. They are all large ones and very delicious. I really enjoying eating this big lala so much. Apart of that, the mee hoon is very fragrance and delicious! Note: It is nice if is in smaller plate but if they making portion for 5 pax and above. The taste is not that good anymore.

叉烧 @RM20.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is their signature cha siew which is pretty delicious because the BBQ taste is enough to roam in your mouth and no fatty meat on the cha siew. However, my mui prefer to have fatty meat. No wonder she is getting more chubby when everytime I visit her. :p

清抄蕃薯叶 @RM15.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - I am not used to se such a small amount of vegetable in a plate with such a price after my trip to Guangzhou. Haha,,,anyway, this dish is pretty healthy because it is tasteless. LOL

清蒸白须公 @RM66.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Very delicious when their fish is so fresh because they have a pond to rear their own fresh water fishes. Oh ya, they do not sell any salt water fish. Fish is their specialty so it is a must to order their fish to taste how fresh they are but...their price is much more expensive than any other same standard type of restaurant. You just have to pay a premium for eating their real fresh fish.

咸蛋蟹 @RM60.00/kg
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - I have to agree with my sister and her parents that this is the largest crab that I had in my life. So much meat and even their tiny legs have a lot of meats too. Salted egg is their signature way of cooking but I still prefer in butter style. However, I have to respect the elders with their preferable taste.

Look at how much meat the crab has. Maybe my picture is not persuasive enough. So you imagine yourself that 2 crabs already weight more than 1.8kg so you should probably know how heavy they are. Usually, I had crabs which are normally weight between 300g - 500g only.
I am happy when they are all happy. That's all I wanted. Good food just bring us nothing better than happiness.
This is also the first time my sister's dad had a day off. They all said he is lucky enough to able feast on such a wonderful dinner. I am highly recommend this seafood restaurant to you all if you do not mind the price. Actually, price does not ever concern me if the serve a high quality food and make us all with a smile on our face leaving the restaurant. Rather than being served by an outrageous dishes with cheap price which makes us so cheap that we had to accept such a treatment instead.

As for their service, the lady boss looks very unpleasant with lack of smile and unfriendly behavior but for others are pretty friendly. Maybe her "Auntie visit" her on that day. Apart of that, their food serving speed is quite slow because they are serving table by table. So we have to line up accordingly. Some other restaurants will serve the same dishes to all the tables as they cook the dish all together. For example, 3 tables are ordering the Curry Lala Mee Hoon. So they will make a portion for 3 tables to save their time. This will be not delicious when the seasoning will be vary and also there is a waiting period between dishes that we have ordered. I rather wait for a long time and served with all the dishes that I have ordered. Worth to wait anyway!

By the way, the parking here is chargeable at RM2.00/entry. Last but not least, I am glad to meet this restaurant accidentally! I know there are a lot of such hidden "gems" around at Klang Valley. I know that some already know quite a long time of the exitance of this restaurant but sometimes we have to admit that Klang Valley is just too big enough to realize all of such restaurant like this.  I really hope can find all of them out one day.

Total Damage: RM229.00 (5 pax)
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Slow
Will I Revisit?: Yes

Restaurant Siu Siu
15-11, Lorong Syed Putra Kiri,
50450 KL
Tel: 016-309 8038 (Jenny), K.P Ng (016-370 8555)
Business Hours: 11.00am - 11.00pm (closed on Monday)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut