Kampachi Japanese Restaurant @Johor Premium Outlets, Kulai

Still remember me? Hahaha...yes, my special friend, May Lynne whom was my trainee before in a company. I have previously blog about her in Fukuya Japanese Restaurant and Nijyumaru Japanese Restaurant. She is the person who introduce me to the great Marutama Ramen and Restoran Todak. Both of us likes Japanese food and Seafood a lot! She is more to Bak Kut Teh too. Once again, she came down to Johor Bahru again for her assignment. Oh ya, she works as an auditor by the way.  As her friend who lives in Johor, I feel that it is my "assignment"to take her around. So this time I brought her to the newly built Johor Premium Outlet which is located at Kulai by the side of the North - South Expressway.
Almost 95% of the outlets there already opened. All the outlets here are consolidating all the branded apparels together to somehow dig some money from the Singaporean since the exchange rate is almost RM2.50 for every S$1.00. If I am a Singaporean, I will shop here too since the branded stuff such as Coach, Giorgio Armani, Raoul, Burberry and many more are at least 20% cheaper than their usual outlet.
I still feel there are more "look & see" crowd around there. 
Not all high class brands are here. Mid class such as Charles & Keith and lower class Cotton on and Padini are available here as well. Of course, these are the most crowded outlets if to compare with others.
Some of the high class brand such as Coach and Burberry limit to 10 customers per entry. So you will see a long queue waiting to enter the outlet especially Burberry.
What amazed me is my favorite Kampachi has comes to Johor! I have to support it anyhow with my avid Japanese food lover, May Lynne. 
It was 6.00pm by the time we came in. So it has quite a lot of empty seats. We hesitate for a while because this place is just too expensive for her junior who just started work for only 3 months. But in the end, she was convinced by me to give it a try.
Toro Sushi @RM48++/pc
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 3/5 - Toro means Tuna belly. This is the fattest part of the fish and that is why the price is crazily priced. As for the taste, of course you will love it.

Zaru Cold Soba
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Even without the special sauce which usually accompanying with a cold soba. This taste equally good and very new to us. We love it.

Sashimi Moriawase - Just to ensure the quality is the same like KL. So we have ordered the same Sashimi again. The verdict is...still as good as KL and thick too!
Kaki Teppanyaki
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Even though I love Kampachi but somehow this one is way off their standard. The way they make make this grilled fresh oyster which contains quite heavy bitter taste which spoiled my whole taste bud. The bitter taste comes from the black color over grilled spots.

This is the special sauce accompany with the Kaki Teppanyaki.

An hour after that, it is full house already. Their business is way better than KL. This proves that there is no Japanese which is better than Kampachi at Johor. How sad...
As I mentioned before, she always very sincere with her look when watching so many good food on the table. When she is happy, I am happy too. =)
Not 100% of the menu here are the same like other branches, such as they do not serve fresh oyster and they does not have a cha soba. This is what I noticed of. However, as for the quality, as far as I can see they have maintain it well. Since Kampachi already started their chain outlet, I hope the quality will continues.


Meanwhile, as for my friend's junior, she was enjoying the food at first even though she took a long time with the menu. However when the time she wanted to make a payment, she seems like crying over her wallet. Poor girl. I feel bad for her. I think this is her most expensive meal in her whole life. I don't think she is going to spend something like this again. Hahaha...


Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes


Kampachi Johor Premium Outlets
Lot 506, Johor Premium Outlets,
Jalan Premium Outlets,
Indahpura 81000
Kulaijaya, Johor Bahru
Tel: 07-5909277
Business Hours: 11.00am -10.00pm

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang