高州 太子鸡, Shi Pai

This time I am once again being treated by my supplier for a great meal again. Arh...I am so blessed. However, I do prefer that I am the one who treating somebody because that means that person is the person who pays me to have all the good food I had for all these while.

I got to this place by bus and reminded me about the days when I started to work where I need to squeeze with other peoples in a bus. While I day dreaming, I make a wrong stop exit and I have left my uncle who live in China in the bus. Before I depart, my uncle advised me not to carry any wallet around so I left my wallet with all my money in it. At that moment, I feel like I have more trouble apart of that which is I have not buy any local sim card for my phone yet. So I got no choice but to beg strangers to borrow their mobile phone for me to reach my uncle. When I was in Singapore, it is 9 out of 10 person you asked, they will borrow their mobile phone to you. But in China the probability is around 1 out of 20 with lots of lame excuses such as phone has no more credit and do not carry any mobile phone. There are some with more worse attitude which is say "NO" straight to my face or ignore me like I am invisible. Jeez...at that moment of despair, you just have to continue to ask. That's what I learned from my days as an employee. "All you need to do is ask, the more you ask the higher possibly you will get." So in the end, I managed to convince a middle-aged man to help to dial the number for me to call my uncle and finally I reach to the destination I wanted.

Here is the destination which is called 高州 太子鸡. The story I learned here is nothing is impossible no matter where you are. All you need to do is to calm down and seek for all possible options for the solution.

At Malaysia, I always drink either green tea or milk tea. But in China, over there is nothing else but Chinese Tea. Each house or office surely will have a Chinese Tea set from boiling pot to pouring tea. It is their custom to have such thing there.
Sourish Fungus for appetizer but I am never into sourish food at all. Creating more gastric juice in my stomach which will cause me gastric sometimes.
Pigeon Soup
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The soup is so-so only. I feel too many oil in it already. As for the pigeon meat, I am still not got used to adventuring "special" food especially on meat.

This looks like Roti Canai for me but I am so sorry that I cannot remember the name for this. Anyway, it is not delicious to remember somehow.
Steamed Chicken
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is their signature chicken but unfortunately I hardly find it the real reason why it has become their signature chicken. The meat is so hard like stone!

Taufu
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - As you all know that I love tau fu, this taufu is soft and delicious but too bad the seasonings for it is just too salty.

Fried Mackerel
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - Very deliciously done. However, this plate is cost CNY60.00 which I think it is ridiculous.

In China, their vegetables are always cook without their leaves. I really do not like vegetables without their leaves.
Pumpkin with minced meat
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Very stingy amount of minced meat but the pumpkin is nicely done. At least this dish is not too salty.

Vegetables in China is extremely cheap and fresh too! You will never eat a fresh vegetables in Malaysia. But in China, I always taste their vegetables superbly delicious and sweet. Have you ever taste a vegetable sweet in taste in Malaysia? 
This is the place and I do not why so many customers they have here because I really do not think any of their dishes is well done.

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan