New Tanjung Seafood Restaurant, Miri

This is the final post about my Miri report. Never in my life will think that I will be ended up to have my lonely seafood feast at New Tanjung Seafood Restaurant. I really have to send a big thank you card to Suyin for her "kind" effort. By the way, this is also a recommended seafood place by my Elayne jie again. I trust her taste so much!

When I reached there, I am shocked to see there are actually two restaurants with the "Tanjung" name. One is more older looking restaurant located by the roundabout and another one is with the word "New" which is opened behind the older looking restaurant. At first, I thought to try the old looking one because I have this concept of a Man should not forget its root. Haha...but unfortunately they run out of crab and I suddenly became curious and asked them why they can't get some crabs from the "New Tanjung". They said is the opened by another brother but running business separately. Quite sad to see brothers but acting selfishly with benefit is all they think about.

Anyway, my mission is about crab so I will just ignore their brotherly feud. So I decided to move to the "New Tanjung" for my crab feast.

Ordering my all time childhood favourite drink!
Mussels Cheese @RM10.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 2/5 - The corn is really a spoiler to me. It is making the whole dish too sweet. I really do not like how it is taste.

Cheese Buttered Crab @RM11.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is a spicy type of Cheese Buttered Crab version compare with the common one that I usually have is garlic type. It is really delicious and the crab is big. Quite cheap in my opinion.

This is the restaurant. It has the most number of patrons compare with the old one and is the most fancy restaurant too! Not a bad restaurant I think. It is just the mussle taste too weird for me.
Miri indeed is a wonderful town despite they have too many adult entertainments which is good for those who has a higher desire in this area. 

I travel around Miri in a rented car. I rent a Kelisa (A) for RM100/day. That's the initially agreed deal. However, once I reached there, I MUST return the car back to the airport because I planned to take a bus to Brunei after this trip. He said there will be a surcharge of RM30. After negotiation, we ended with RM20. That's not all of it. The car is installed with GPS system and able to track me down when I drove to Gua Niah. He called me straight away when I was at Gua Niah and stating that I am driving out of Miri Town so another surcharge of RM50 will be applied. I really confuse why there is such surcharge as if he is paying for the petrol. All these are not told upfront, so please make sure that you checked with the car rental company about these thing before they charge you extra after that.

Total Damage: RM21.00
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Slow
Recommended?: Yes

New Tanjung Seafood
Jalan Tanjung Lobang
Off Brighton Road
Miri, Sarawak
Tel: 085-413 494
Business Hours: 6.00pm - 11.00pm (Monday - Tuesday); 1.00pm - 10.00pm (Sunday)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan