Poco Homemade, Bangsar

Together with my sweet tooth friend, May Lynne...she was accompanying me in the search of the so called one of the best homemade dessert in the city which is known as Poco Homemade located at Bangsar. I told her that it is going to be way better than her blueberry cheese cake. So I follow the map instruction from their website. After a few turning left and right and up and down the hill, I ended up at the old and sluggish row of shop lots. Really old with two stories only and the row is just around 10 shops only. Surrounded by housing area and I couldn't spot the place yet. 


Oh my! That's what in my head sounded and my heart trying to convince me that I am definitely lost. While my sweet tooth May Lynne got dizzy with my driving all out of sudden which actually the cause was she had not taken any food since morning until 4.00pm, I honestly started to panic and wanted to give up to hit for alternative spots. Well I have to salute with my "never give up easily" attitude, I hang on and give a call to Poco Homemade for good. A girl picked up my call and told me that I am at the right place. I am so delighted which actually I am just a few shops away but I am so blinded by the panic situation.

Finally, there you are. Naughty you...
Once I entered the cafe, the first thing I saw is this sewing machines. Is this thing supposed to be in a cafe?
Focusing on the characters on the wall.
Started to look around and expecting to see something which I will feel they are supposed to be in a cafe such as display of cakes or desserts but I can't find any.

Honestly...frankly, I am telling you that I was stunned for the few minutes standing circling around the cafe. I thought I walked into a wrong shop. It is not a cafe after all. Maybe the word Poco Homemade means they are doing some handicraft things. I am not here to learn handicraft! I am here for food!
This old school bicycle confused me more...
Without thinking too much or doing something further embarrassed myself, I just guide May Lynne to seat on the last available table in the cafe. Not many tables there. Only have 6 tables in this cafe. Pretty few for a cafe.
After being seated down, we are given the menu. I feel kind of relieved when seeing those menu. At last, I know I did not bring May Lynne to a wrong place.
They have ongoing handicraft lesson going on at that moment. That's why I am so confused.
Soya Green Tea @RM6.00 - Extremely delicious! I really hope it is bottomless. LOL
Homemade Tofu Cake @RM9.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - 2 persons dining in a cafe but ordering 5 desserts. Wahahaha...so happy when seeing all these dessert on our table. However, we are advised by the waitress to eat in order. She highly recommended us to start with this first. I am telling you that this is the best ever cake I had in my life. No joke! I can eat another one because it does not make you feel full at all. Seriously, I do not even wish to share with May Lynne at all and I know she had the same thoughts too. Not sweet at all. Just well enough for you to crave for more. Excellent dessert!

White Chocolate Semifreddo @RM12.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is the second dessert that we are advised to eat. So we took the first bite. It was so sourish and have the feeling this is a real bad dessert. But after the second bite is all different story. The sourish taste is from the sour cream which is wrapping around the vanilla ice cream which is hidden inside. When you scoop the ice cream together with the sourish cream and eat, the taste was truly amazing. Sourish taste from the cream and the sweetness from the ice cream are compensating each other and blending so well together which you do not feel either of the taste is to be superior in your mouth. Outstanding experience! Never know a dessert can be this fun!

Dacquoise @RM12.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - A dessert from France and it is made of almond mergue and buttercream. The green color cream is obviously the green tea. I think it is not a bad dessert but just too bad only two pieces and already cost RM12.00. Anyway, it is a MUST TRY!

A closer look at it.
Irish Cream Pecan Cheesecake @RM12.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - After 3 delicious desserts, our expectation is getting higher. Unfortunately, a HUGE anticlimax after we tasted this dessert. The Irish Cream carries too much bitter taste which is spoiling our taste bud. I do not feel that a bitter taste should ever exist in a dessert or the very least for a dessert which expected to have alcohol in it. For this one, is real wrong for us. Unfortunately, no matter how I forced myself I couldn't finish it. May Lynne was even worst, she left everything for me after the first bite. After I criticized her only she got herself another two bites. Grrr...

Rum Mascarpone @RM12.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Here comes the final dessert. We are advised to eat this dessert in a tiny scoop. I understand what is the concept they are trying to bring into this tiny jar. This is their so called the "jar of taste" where they are putting sourish taste from the raisin, sweet taste from the chocolate bits, slightly bitter taste from the rum and salty taste from the pistachio nuts. Unfortunately this "jar of taste" is totally covered by bitter taste. Whenever I ate the raisin, the bitter taste roam all over my mouth. No sourish taste as expected. I do not understand why is it happened and once again our taste bud was ruined. We thought of ordering another two desserts after these which are Almond Homemade Tofu Fah and Chocolate Molten Cake but we have to call it a day since we do not have anymore appetite to eat.

Even we has the last 2 desserts badly, we unable to deny how creative they are in creating their one and only homemade desserts. We really love this cafe and hope to come back again. This is a truly amazing experience for us as we can feel the loved and the creativeness they tried to bring in every single desserts. Oh by the way, they do provide lunch sets as well.
Total Damage: RM70.00
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: Yes!


Poco Homemade
1, Lorong Kurau,
59100 Bangsar
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-22875688
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 9.00pm (off on Monday and 1st & 3rd week of Tuesday)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park