The Sphere @One World Hotel, Bandar Utama

My high tea adventure has increased with The Sphere, One World Hotel entering the list. The Sphere is located at the ground floor of the hotel where the main lobby is. Such a luxury ambiance with a pianist playing the grand piano which is located at the center of the cafe to smoother up the atmosphere. I like their seating with fancy sofas which is so comfortable and make our mind to relax. At that time, we are the only casual one where most of them with long sleeves shirt and some with tuxedo. Hahaha...it somehow gives us a weird feeling for being the odd one.

My special guest today, Bonita. She is a Chinese - Spanish which I known her for quite a number of years but this is her debut in my post. Rarely to get a hold on her because she is staying way too far for me to go and fetch her. 
She is showing off her new hairstyle to me so I took the opportunity to photographed it down as a record.
English Tea Set - RM50.00++ for 2 pax. She chose to have her coffee while I had my refreshing Earl Grey Tea.
This is their 3-tier Tea Set. Yes, you might find the odd one which is they do not serve scones. Pretty sad to see my favorite scones are not available here. No wonder it is so cheap in a 5 stars hotel.
The Banana Cake accompany with the Devonshire Cream and Raspberry Jam is just not match at all. I rather eat the cream only.
Not really attractive cakes and a rather normal cookies displayed on the 2nd tier.
I love the bottom tier the most! Look at them, they are so lovely and cute!
This is the most delicious one among all.
Apart of the ambiance, overall is rather disappointing when I expect something would be better when I am having my high tea in a 5 star restaurant. For the service, I only can see one waitress who is really working and serving almost full of customers. No one is there to take us to a seat so we had to search for a table ourselves. That's not all! The so simple 3-tier set has taken more than 30 minutes to deliver them in front of us. The worst part is they allow smoking inside the hotel. They seem like degrading themselves from being a 5 star hotel. Too many to be listed in the end...


Total Damage: RM58.00
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 1/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Slow
Will I Revisit?: No and not recommended

The Sphere
One World Hotel
First Avenue
Bandar Utama City Center
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03- 7681 1111
Business Hours: 3.00pm - 6.00pm (tea session)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Calypso Cabaret Ladyboy Show @Asiatique The Riverfront

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching