Daidomon Japanese BBQ Restaurant @Great Eastern Mall


Why I love Japanese so much? Because they have so many types of specialty which to be list of and I will quickly name it here, there are Japanese restaurants which are specialized in;
1) Sushi
2) Sashimi
3) Nabemono/Sukiyaki - Hot Pot
4) Yakitori - Skewed Meat
5) Ramen
6) Okonomiyaki - Japanese Pizza
7) Teppanyaki
8) Tonkatsu
9) Udon
10) Yakiniku - Grilled Meat

I think I have missed out some of it but it does not matter because the point is the Japanese cuisine can be this wide. As for this round, I will go to the Yakiniku specialized Japanese restaurant which is known as Daidomon Japanese BBQ Restaurant which is located inside the Great Eastern Mall. This company is a Singaporean company whom bringing the best yakiniku flavor which they have been serving to the Singaporean and finally to us now. I have always been wanted to visit this restaurant since I am staying in Ampang. My initiative became stronger when Groupon is introducing the offer that I couldn't resist! The link for the offer as below:

Since she is going to Gleneagle Hospital to work which is located just right opposite of Great Eastern Mall. So we decided to have our lunch together here.
Not really full ala-carte buffet style. There are some still a normal buffet style which require us to get up and grab it.
Some deep fried stuffs which I dislike.
This is more like a Chinese cuisine for me.
The sushi bar! But you order your sushi, sashimi and yakiniku from our own table.
The soup sessions. Both their Fish soup and Tamago soup are really delicious. I think this is the first time I acknowledge a buffet style's soup.
Drinks session. Quite a variety of drinks to be choose from.
Regretted taken their Maki. Not that nice. But if you are not full yet, you can keep it for the last.
This is the tofu for my Tamago soup! Yummy!
Edamame - no matter how much I ate...I always have room for them.
Arghhh..deep fried food! Surprisingly, the taste not that bad thou. 
When you had your Sashimi in the high class restaurant already you will know what is the difference. This sashimi is really a disaster for my appetite. The fishy taste in it makes me wanna puke.
Sushi are the same as well. Really terrible! How do they even dare to make such a lousy sushi? Opps...sorry. I forgot I am in a yakiniku restaurant. I should concentrate with their specialty instead.
Fishes and Scallops! We only can order the scallops once.
Lamb in progress. Sorry I do not eat beef so we will not see any beef in this post.
Even I am not having beef, I can tell their yakiniku really top class because the lamb is so tasty which make me to order twice! 
The chicken cutlet is so tasty as well! Maybe I am good in cooking that's why it is nice! Hehehehe...
Their own sauce to dip your grilled meat which is not that impressive as it is supposed to be.
They are popular with their lunch set and dinner set too which are so affordable!
Their fresh fruit juice is not available for the ala-carte buffet.
I highly recommend this Yakiniku restaurant as their meat served are really top class and well worth your every cents. It is just their Sashimi and Sushi which are best for you to avoid at all cause.
Total Damage: RM76.00
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Not suitable for me because I only can eat lamb and chicken only. For beef lover, they have much much more varieties to choose from. That's why their logo is a cow symbol.


Daidomon Japanese BBQ Restaurant
Lot 4, Level 3, Great Eastern Mall,
303, Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-42528115
Business Hours: 11.00am - 11.00pm (opens daily)
Buffet session: 11.30am - 2.30pm (lunch); 6.00pm - 10.00pm (dinner)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu