Soo Kee's Son (Meng Chuan) Prawn & Beef Noodles @Medan Imbi

My sister is preparing for her final but she always try to push herself to the limit whenever her slightly selfish brother wishes to see her. Ya, the fortunate brother is me. Well, you can't blame me when I live 3 hours away from her. Of course will miss her at the moment she is not longer by my side. So today, she is here with me and I suddenly wanted to eat prawn mee. The real reason for it is because I have yet to find the finest prawn mee here at KL after staying here before for 8 years.

So somehow we came across with Soo Kee's Son (Meng Chuan) Prawn & Beef Noodles which is located at Medan Imbi. His father, Soo Kee has his stall opened right opposite the road which is also a corner lot and selling the same thing. I really wonder why. We were in dilemma at first whether wanted to go to the son's or the father's. So in the end, we let the crowd in the restaurant decide for us.

The price list already stated very clearly here. My first glance I saw the prawn noodle is a seasonal price and I know it will be not cheap. My wild guess would be roughly RM30.00++ for one pax portion but who knows the price on that day was RM60.00. I had a shock of my life! This is not a 5-star restaurant and I did look at the prawn. Not really that big at all (approximately a palm size) to worth that much!
That's the boss, Meng Chuan.
Beef Noodle @RM9.00
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 1/5 - Already not look very appetizing. After tasting the first bite, it was even worst! My sister did not finish it. The beef is not soft enough to chew. The whole noodle taste so wrong.

Seafood Noodle @RM12.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Unable to eat their big prawn so I choose a normal prawn will do. But the prawn taste so weird and does not taste like prawn. I really do not know how to describe it. The 2 marks is for the noodles. Other than that does not worth any points.

This is a rubbish restaurant which I do not think it is worth to survive this long. I think I will try his dad's restaurant one day. I really wonder how he taught his son to cook until like this. The best of this restaurant is their Milo drink. Very thick and delicious. That's all.
Total Damage: RM25.00
Ambiance: 2/5
Service: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: No Way!

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu