Kedai Makan Kong Teck, Sandakan

This will be my last post for my Sandakan trip. I hope you enjoy it and I know some of you have started yelling at me to show some Klang Valley post instead. Well, you are going to have it tomorrow. As for now, let me do a finale for my trip at Sandakan with another local signature dish which they are popular with their fish ball, fish paste and almost everything is about fish. The place is called Kedai Makan Kong Teck. 

The pot which is ready to make some great noodles!
虾腐 - It is a prawn paste
鱼腐 - This is the fish paste
鱼卷 - Fish roll
鱼交 - Fish wantan (top) and  鱼滑 - Fish Dumplings (bottom)
Basically how you order is to pick any of those above toppings on your favorite noodle available here. They will just prepare the rest.
老鼠粉 + 鱼腐 虾腐 鱼滑 鱼交
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - I really like their 老鼠粉 which also known as Silver Needle Noodles. I was told it is handmade by themselves. The taste almost like what I had the Hakka Mee @Wai Sek Kai. As for my toppings, I love fish paste the most and I dislike the fish roll which has a vegetable in it which carries the bitter taste. I can't recall what is the name for the vegetable.

果条 + 鱼腐 虾腐 鱼滑 鱼交
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - The Kuey Tiau is the most hot selling one at this restaurant. We took the last portion. The Kuey Tiau indeed is very delicious. Really love both the Kuey Tiau and the Silver Needle Noodle.

干捞米粉 + 杂料
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is the vermicelli mee which is another fantastic noodle to choose from. But I still prefer the Kuey Tiau and the Silver Needle Noodle.

I am so glad that even before my flight, I still able to eat a wonderful local delicacies. Truly splendid experience I have through out my days at Sandakan. I really enjoy every single bit of it. Of course there are some disappointing food but I had the best of them in the end. Alright, let's get back to KL and continue with my food feast there.
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Yes

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks @Berjaya Times Square

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut