Fukuharu Japanese Restaurant @Terrace, Ampang

Today I thought I am going to Zipangu Japanese Restaurant @Shangri-La Hotel but once again I failed to be there again. This time the reason is my dear friend, May Lynne is going home to eat and drink her mum's soup which made from "heart". Actually, she is a vivid soup lover so basically she will go anywhere where she knows got good soup is waiting for her. While as for me, I only had her to accompany me to eat at Fukuharu Restaurant only.

When we arrived there, we saw an ongoing TV programme shooting. I thought the whole restaurant was booked for shooting. Luckily it is not. So we continue with my dinner with some little disturbance from the lighting and cameras around.

There she is hiding behind the menu with guilt. So the following portion are order for myself only.
Tako (Sushi) @RM12.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not bad. Still ok but is not really a must order dish.

Salmon Moriawase @RM32.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Very delicious with 2 different type of Salmon. First from the left is the ordinary Salmon follow by Salmon belly and lastly is rather unique which is called Salmon Tataki. It is a Flash Seared Salmon with Ponzu (Japanese Citrus) Soy Sauce. I did not order my favorite Sashimi Moriawase because they do not allow me to change. As you all know, I do not like others such as Ebi, Hotate, Ika and Tako which are pretty cheap items to have in my Sashimi Moriawase. Moreover, May Lynne cannot eat Ebi because of her allergic issue. The weirdest part is the 5 kinds Sashimi Moriawase with 2 pieces each cost RM85.00++ and with additional one more kind will cost the Sashimi Moriawase to double the price which is RM165.00++. Pretty ridiculous eh?

Their Sashimi session does specifically notify where their seafood meats are from.
Inaniwa Udon (Cold) @RM24.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - I do not like the sauce here. It brings too much sweetness in it. As for the noodle, it is not really made evenly. Some of it, I still can taste the raw flour. Xenri Japanese Restaurant got the upper hand in this.

This is the sister company with Fukuya Japanese Restaurant. Somehow I still prefer Fukuya more than this. Their quality and standard must be reviewed already. Of course, their Sashimi is still the best. I just hope they do not be so rigid with their Sashimi Moriawase. They should let customers change the items they like in the bowl as you cannot force your customer to choose the items they do not fancy. After all, this is not a low class Japanese Restaurant because a high class Japanese Restaurant will always served food that is suit with customer demand and requirement. Not customers suit the restaurant's rigid menu. We might as well dine at Sushi Zanmai.
Total Damage: RM79.20
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: No, even though May Lynne did pointed out they have some other special dishes that we have not tried before. I just cannot accept a high class Japanese restaurant with a rigid and inflexible menu.

Fukuharu Japanese Restaurant
241-B, Lorong Nibong
off Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 017-209 8477
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 2.30pm; 6.00pm - 10.30pm (opens daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu