Fukuya Japanese Restaurant, Imbi

Fukuya Japanese Restaurant @Jalan Delima beside Levain Boulangerie & Patisserrie is a sister company for Fukuhara Japanese Restaurant off Jalan Ampang. I have been there both and both have given me quite a creepy feeling especially at night. The reason is lack of lighting in their main entrance. 

Welcome to Fukuya Japanese Restaurant. The restaurant will be lies behind this curtain. Fukuya is a built on a bungalow land which they modified it to become a Japanese Restaurant.
This is their main hall. They have west and east wing for larger size patrons or customer who request for a private room.
Nicely decorated napkin.
Oh, let me introduce this rare looking face in my blog, May Lynne a.k.a Ginger but she is my friend for 5 long years already. She is a food lover and a BIG eater too! The amazing part about her is she has an authentic honest facial expression when facing food. Her facial expression will spill it all about the food quality with immediate response. So basically the following rating is totally set by her and I am absolutely second her rates. Oh ya...she is the special friend I am talking about who introduce me to the great Marutama Ramen. =)
Ozeki Kinkan Sake - Hot (140ml) @RM18.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - I love a hot sake. However they need to keep it warm at all times. When they leave the sake like this, surely will turn cold in the matter of minutes. At that time, the sake is not really that nice to drink anymore.

That's her expression after first time drinking a hot sake.
Kashi @RM150.00++
Outlook: 5/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - 7 different types of Sashimi which comes from the meat of Tuna (Maguro), Salmon (Sake) and Yellowtail (Hamachi). To compare with the Sashimi @Kampachi, this Sashimi has more types and more number of pieces with much cheaper price. However, Kampachi's Sashimi is still the thickest of all the Japanese Restaurant that I have dine. In term of freshness, both are equally the same. As for Fukuya, their food are air-flown twice a week which is on Tuesday and Friday.

Spider Maki @RM28.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The Spider Maki is made of soft shell crab. Very delicious soft shell crab. I pretty like it.

Cha Soba @RM18.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is one of the best Cha Soba I ever have. The portion is so big for the same competitive price.

They give another special sauce for the Soba which is very unique than any other Japanese Restaurant.
As for my dear friend, this is the first time she had this. She loves it the most. She cannot forget the taste even after several days. Normally for Chinese, we do not like to eat cold noodles especially Soba which is must eat in cold condition. Some restaurant pouring lots of ice on the noodle to make sure the Soba is real cold. Of course, there are technique of eating a cold Soba. Please refer to my previous blog post here for the technique if you are the first timer. Try it and you will never regret like my friend did. The link is HERE.
Hamachi Miso Soup @RM15.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Very delicious soup. Full of fish taste in it. I seldom order a soup in a Japanese Restaurant. It was my friend's idea and I learned it now. However, just too many Japanese leek for me.

Hokkaido Melon @RM38.00++. If you read my Kampachi post before, I had a Japanese Melon which cost me @RM75.00++. So when I see they are selling at RM38.00++, my thought is..."This is a grab!" However, for my dear friend, she kept mumbling and nagging away saying I am too crazy to pay 40 bucks for a slice of melon when she can eat 10 local melons with that money.
When the dessert is served and she had her first bite, this is how she looks like. So...I asked her, "How does it compares with your 10 local melons?" She smiles.
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Hokkaido Melon is a yellow meat compare with the melon I had at Kampachi. The taste are different but equally sweet and delicious. The price is much more reasonable compare with Kampachi. One thing I dislike about this melon is they should remove the seeds. It is quite annoying when we need to remove it ourselves. Apart of that, they are not perfectly sliced the melon for convenient for us to pick and eat.

I will say a fantastic Japanese cuisine experience I had once again at Fukuya. Not a 6-star restaurant but definitely a 5-star restaurant for me. If you does not want to spend crazy amount of money at Kampachi, this is a place worth for you to consider. The parking are quite limited at their own parking area. However, you will be invited by the friendly jockey which the service is free of charge. I was told by one of the waitress there that if we would like to eat their fresh oyster, we need to book in advance as their air-flown schedule on every Tuesday and Friday evening. So we can reserve the fresh oyster for the later at night for our dinner. Price is vary depends on season.

At the same time, this is another example of a restaurant has a break between their business hours which served good food.

P.S: Happy Birthday, May Lynne!!! ^^

Total Damage: RM309.70
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Absolutely.

Fukuya (M) Sdn Bhd
9, Jalan Delima
55100 KL
Tel: 03-2144 1022
Business Hours: 
Lunch: Noon - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm
Sunday: 6.00pm - 10.00pm

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu