Rush Hours Gastropub @The Strand, Kota Damansara

This is the first time I use a voucher from Groupon. The link for the deal as below:
Lamb Chop Set Dinner at Rush Hours Gastropub for RM21 instead of RM55.44

To shorten your reading, this is a set dinner comes with appetizer + main course for only RM21. Yes, drinks are not included but taxes for the food are. You will be given three choices of main courses which are:
1) Signature Lamb Chop
2) Fish and Chips
3) Spicy Chicken Cutlet


So this is the place where we dine, it is located at corner lot. Not hard to find actually and the parking is free with a lot of parking space available.
Note: Please pardon me for the following photos as it is quite hard for my camera to take under a blue lighting environment. I think I should get an external flash! Anyone please....sponsor me!!! TQVM

That is the place we were being placed. Very nice cozy area but it is not a good place for dining thou.  They have a DJ playing R&B and Pop music. Apart of that, they have live band too on every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, after 10.00pm. Wi-fi is available with a secured password(33338888).
Note: This picture is taken from the website.

This is the appetizer - Creamy Mushroom Soup. Yes, it is creamy and yes, it has the thick mushroom taste. Well, not the best I had anyway. 
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - Not the best mushroom soup around but not a bad idea to try for a mushroom soup lover.

Out of the three choices, I picked their Signature Lamb Chop. I chose it because they said it is their best food in their menu and I am a vivid lamb lover if you notice. So as you can see in the picture above, this is the lamb chop that they served me. The appearance looks so not like a lamb chop to me. However, that is not the worst part yet. When I started to put in my mouth, I still can taste the blood of the lamb. It is like a totally raw meat! I did not let it stay in my mouth more than 5 seconds. Well, not all the meat are totally raw. I am not a person who likes to waste my food so I managed to eat 20% of it which is still edible. Actually, I should make a complain to the waiter but I do not know why I did not. Maybe I am a person who whine more than complain.
Outlook: 1/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 0/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 1/5 - The worst ever lamb chop in my whole life.


As for my girl, she chose the spicy chicken cutlet. Well, that pity size of chicken really worth RM55.44? The taste is better than my lamb chop and at least it is edible. Well, I can assure to you that KFC's spicy chicken is much more tastier than this and for the price, I do not think it is even worth RM21.
Outlook: 1/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 1/5 - Not worth.


This is the most horrible dining experience I had in my whole life of searching for good food. After that so called dinner, I went home and grab some Tambun Biscuit from Him Heang (Penang) to fill in my pity stomach. While munching my biscuit, I have the slight feeling that I have been scammed. I am very disappointed with Groupon because they did not check the quality and also the worthiness of the deal that they come up with.


Total damage: RM42
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Slow
Will I revisit?: No, for a dinner but yes, for a pint of beer.


P.S: We had two glasses of plain water at no charge because we did not planned to get a little boozy that night as in their drinks menu are mostly with alcohol.


Updates: After convinced by my friends, finally I wrote to Groupon about this. They were kind enough to process the refund of my purchase which requires 14 working days. (it is normal when you are asking a refund from a company) Anyway, I prefer them to really look into the quality of the merchant instead of doing the refund process.

Rush Hours Gastropub
No.1 & 3, Jalan PJU 5/20E, 

The Strand, Kota Damansara, 
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Phone: 012-881 2858 (Ethan) / 016-206 7520 (Karen)

Happy Hours: 5pm - 9pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan