Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie, Imbi @KL

Every morning, I rather keep myself on the bed even I am already awake. Reason? I do not want my stomach to start working and looking for food. Breakfast to me is the hardest meal for me to think where to eat. Urgh...I already sick of Dim Sum, Nasi Lemak, Roti Canai, Roti Bakar or even half-boiled egg. Thank god, I have my sister to tell me this new place. It is called Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie. Actually she had her lunch there most of the time but this unique restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and even dinner! What do they serve actually? Curious eh? Read on...



So this is how the place looks like in the morning. It was a bungalow which has been renovated to a restaurant. The design brings you the western style feeling, calm, cozy and friendly environment. Wi-fi is provided with password protected. Sorry, I do not know the password because I did not use it. One of the concern when coming to a restaurant like this is searching for a parking. The parking space in front of the restaurant is very limited which I believe can fit in 15 cars only. Of course, only with the help of the jockey service which is provided at a price. Sorry to disappoint you again that I am not sure how much as I prefer to park my car in KL style.



Before you enter the restaurant, you will see this helpful instruction. So from the instruction you will probably know that no one will assist you to find a seat. Therefore, help yourself! The place is very big and has 2 levels. So do not worry about your seating. You will surely find one :)


Look at the crowd! My gosh! Their breads and pastries finish very fast and you can see the worker changing the tray every single minute. When I was lining up asking my girl to pick which bread that I wanted to eat, I heard a voice from a man at his mid 30's with well gentlemanly dressed taunting at me "Can you move away and stop blocking people!?" Well, I apologized but I think there is a better word to replace the long ugly sentence which is by saying "Excuse me", right? Man, don't spoil other people's Sunday for goodness sake! Okay, that's the small "hiccup" when I was there. Anyway, let's move on.


Look at their interior design. Nice right? I feel like staying there. From what I know about this restaurant is their breads and pastries are baked in a specially imported stone oven that nurtures the natural yeast to rise. The stone oven ensures even heat circulation and retention therefore resulting in softer breads and pastries with an exceptional taste and delightful texture.


Top left: Red Bean Donut @RM2.80++ 
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - The bread is soft but the red bean is too sweet


Top right: Custard Cream Donut @RM2.80++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Crunchy bread with cornflakes on it and the custard filling is milky but sweet.


Bottom: Seafood Pizza @RM6.00++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Their pizza is very very popular. It is just came out from the oven for 1 minute and gone. Taken by everybody who sees it. However you just need to wait for another 3 minutes for another round (they guarantee this). The taste is good while it is still hot but for a slice like this already cost RM6.00 is very expensive.


For the bottom plate only:
Top: Mango Cheese Tart @RM4.30++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Another popular pastry. You can see the outlook of the tart that I took is not really nice because left 2 pieces only at that time. The tart should be eaten hot when they just made from the oven.


Bottom: Croissant D' Amando @RM3.80++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Must take this! Great taste at reasonable price! Full of crunchy wheat and grains.


Top: Walnut Bread @RM3.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Price a bit at the high for a size like this. However, a lot of crunchy walnut inside. Very delicious!

Center: Cream Cheese Danish @RM3.90++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Delicious cream cheese and soft bread. You have to admit all Levain's bread are very soft and you do not feel like stop eating after the first bite.

Bottom: Durian Melon Bun @RM3.80++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Durian lover should grab this without any hesitation required.


Left: Chicken Pizza @4.80++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - It is same like chicken pizza at Pizza Hut to me somehow. Sorry...I really have not taste a good pizza to compare with so I got no choice but to select Pizza Hut.

Right: Seafood Maccheroni Gratin @RM6.50++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - You MUST remember that to reheat this otherwise it tastes so bad. Reheat service is available upon request at the payment counter. In my opinion, the cashier should offer the reheat service instead customer asked for it. This is called exceptional customer service.

Triple Shot Chocolate @RM9.50++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - What does triple shot means to you? A triple shot espresso, we all know is triple the bitterness. So does triple shot chocolate to me too! However, it turns out to be triple the sweetness. So you can imagine how sweet is that glass of chocolate above! Time for a blood sugar test!

A complete breakfast with great breads and pastries must always accompany by a cup of aromatic cappuccino @RM6.90++. However, I am not a caffeine person so I chose a warm milk @RM6.00++. LOL


Total damage: RM52.25 (for 3 pax) - they do not charge any service charges
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Slow (Peak Hours)
Will I revisit?: Absolutely!


Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie

No. 7, Jalan Delima,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia
Phone: +603 2142 6611
Email: info@levain.com.my
Working hours: 7.30am - 9pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Japanese Tea House & Botanical Garden, Bukit Tinggi

8 Things You Should Know About Nanjing