Rakuzen @Empire Shopping Gallery

I may have introduced a "shocking" Kampachi, Japanese Cuisine for you all. So this time I will lower a bit the level of the Japanese Cuisine but the quality is still that good. The Japanese Restaurant is called Rakuzen. This restaurant is the sister company with Hokkaido IchibaKura Japanese RestaurantZenSushi Zanmai and Pasta Zanmai which means they are from the same boss. The difference is Rakuzen consider a high end Japanese Restaurant among all of them and follow by KuraHokkaido IchibaZen and Sushi Zanmai while Pasta Zanmai is under different category. As you can see Super Dining Sdn Bhd has monopolizes the Japanese Restaurant market in Malaysia. That does not mean any good if the quality is not well maintained.

This is the entrance of the Rakuzen Restaurant.
No sushi belt available here so all orders are ala-carte basis.
The dining area
Group Dining Area

Kimuchi Nabe @RM30.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The soup is real nice. There are a lot of different types of "shrooms" and a few seafood in it. Not one of the best nabe i had but it is still worth to try.

Sashimi Unagi Zen Set @RM58.00++
Close shot on the unagi
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Wow! For unagi lover, you can really eat to the fullest with such a big piece of unagi! Quite tasty...not bad at all!

Close shot on sashimi with combination of Sakae, Maguro and Kampachi/Hamachi
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - If to compare with the sashimi at Kampachi, you should roughly recognize the difference. It is the way they slice the fish. I do not really like this way because I cannot really enjoy the sashimi. I believe it is because it comes in a set. I remembered my previous visit when I ordered a sashimi was not like this. If it is true, then I hope they do not change the quality even it comes in a set.

This is not a Matcha Ice Cream dessert. This is a wasabi. LOL. I just asked for a wasabi for my sashimi but I got a large portion of it. However, their wasabi is quite a good quality one.
No wi-fi available here and the parking in this shopping mall is quite a pain especially during weekends. The hot/cold green tea is free of charge and it is bottomless. For the food wise, Rakuzen has 5 branches and this branch is the one I visited the most. Every each time I visit, I feel their standard is dropping slowly. I do not know what has really caused it but when you have 9 high end branches and 10++ standard branches to maintain, I believe this may be the cause. 

Total Damage: RM102.10
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I revisit?: Yes, but will not be as frequent as before.

Address:
UG17 Upper Ground,
Jalan SS16/1,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Malaysia.


Contact:
Telephone number: 603 5635 9818 / 603 5635 9858
Fax number: 
603 5635 5898 
Website: http://www.superdining.com.my/rakuzen-empire.html

Opening hours:
12.00pm - 3.00 & 6.00pm - 11.00pm daily

Comments

  1. Hi Pas De Nom,
    Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
    P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang