Komura Japanese Restaurant @Corus Hotel

Today, May Lynne and I went to the most expensive ala-carte buffet which is called Komura Japanese Restaurant which is located at Corus Hotel. It is cost RM98.00++ for their dinner session but we paid only RM60.00++ because we chose to dine during lunch hour. Cheaper and of course eventually slightly lesser selection but we are able to comply with it. Their ala-carte buffet session only available on weekends.

There she is...had her first ever ala-carte buffet. She looks like a big eater but in reality, she is not at all! I have to help her to finish up all the remains. As you can see the Komura's seatings are pretty private. All their seats are inside own private room. I like this style so much!
Our chit sheet. Ladies and gentleman, start ordering!
Their ocha is chargable at RM3.50 per pax. That's pretty disappointing. I thought it should be included since it is a buffet. The worst part is they do not even bother to notify us. Start from the below photos onward, I will summarized my ratings.
Hiyayakko - 2/5
Edamame - 4/5
Wakame Kyuri Su - 3/5
Chawanmushi - 4/5
Shake - 4/5, Tako - 2/5, Maguro - 2/5, Mekajiki - 3/5. That day's Ika has sold out.
Tobiko - 2/5 - Look at the wrapper coming out like that. Very unprofessional.
Spider Roll - 2/5. Limited to one order per person.
Shishamo - 3/5. Limited to one order per person.
Unagi Kabayaki - 3/5. Limited to one order per person.
Cold Soba - 2/5
California Roll - 3/5
Salmon Teppanyaki - 2/5, Scallop Teppanyaki - 3/5
Enoki - 1/5
Sukiyaki - 3/5
Fruits platter - 3/5
Mochi - 3/5
I really like the design in this restaurant. I wonder how many rooms they have. Even the corridor road is so unique and special.
This is the restaurant outlook at the front door. Here is my overall conclusion. There are some really good which I have marked 3 marks and above. But there are some really very bad and disappointing. The disappointment is even greater when we have to pay more than other restaurant with a similar standard. Luckily I did not pay for the RM98.00++ buffet. I will kick myself for that.
Total Damage: RM146.20
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: No


Komura Japanese Restaurant
Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Ampang
50450 KL
Tel: 03-21618888
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 2.30pm(lunch); 6.30pm - 10.00pm(dinner) - opens daily

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Marble 8, KLCC