Ten-Ichi Japanese Restaurant, Kuching

Even at Kuching, I couldn't stop myself from trying their Japanese food here. I found out a decent looking restaurant which is known as Ten-Ichi Japanese Restaurant and I was amazed with the number of patrons in this restaurant. They are fully occupied and in another word is full house.

This is the first time I sit on a bar table because most of the seat are fully taken. Well, I do not mind to have up close and personal with the chef.
Sashimi on Boat @RM130.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 3/5 - Look is deceiving and the price is deceiving too since this is the cheapest you can get in a Japanese Restaurant like this standard. 9 types with 3 pieces each is really really cheap. I was shocked when the chef is explaining to me. However, the taste of the fishes...yucks! Like Sushi King standard which is very fishy especially the Tuna which I almost vomit in front of the chef but I was kind enough to swallow all of them and rinse thoroughly with their green tea. 

Onigiri Sake (left) and Onigiri Ume (right) @RM5.00/each
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - The onigiri sake is not bad but the onigiri ume is a nightmare. A large chunk of minced plum inside which numbs my tooth when everytime I chewed on it because of its sourish.

Cha Soba @RM14.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - The most decent dish among all I have ordered.

Mochi Osuimono @RM6.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not bad but nothing special.

Seriously I do not know why they have such a big crowds in this restaurant. Not just the food is bad but their service too! They treated you as invisible and they at the point they were too annoyed when we keep calling them to refill our green tea because of the mouth rinsing process, they put a pot of green tea in front of us to refill ourselves. Actually I do not really mind, I like it that way better than waiting for them to serve us. The worst part is when I told them I want to make order, I need to call them 4 times and in the end the chef helped us to summon a waitress to attend us. Terrible! The best part of this restaurant is their price listed is nett price with no taxes but I do not like them to charge their lousy green tea and even their towel. FYI, I had a diarrhea, 30 minutes after that. I am so sorry to my sister for keep bringing her to eat lousy Japanese Restaurant. The last one she had the best was at Kampachi and that was 2 years ago. I feel bad for her.
Total Damage: RM167.00
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 1/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Recommended?: No


Ten-Ichi Japanese Restaurant
Ground Floor, 315-316,
Jalan Chan Bee Kiew,
Off Jalan Pandungan
93100 Kuching
Sarawak
Tel: 082-342388
Business Hours: 11.00am - 2.00pm; 6.00pm - 11.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang