Tai Lei Loi Kei Macau Pork Burger, Sri Petaling

Yay! Same like last year, I have my Elayne jie to celebrate my birthday. Not Japanese cuisine like usual but it is a more exciting one. A fast food chain restaurant selling pork burger. Unlike the Ninja Joe type of pork burger, this is more like an Asian style. The restaurant name is called Tai Lei Loi Kei.
Self-service restaurant like any other famous fast food chain restaurant like McDonalds and KFC. This restaurant is originated from Macau, China. It has already opened 3 chain restaurants in KL. The workers are Myanmar but the cashiers are from China.
Polo Pork Chop Bun + Egg @RM15.40
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The polo bun taste very good especially the buttery taste. It does not makes the pork chop too dry.

Signature Pork Chop Bun + Egg + Cheese @RM17.40
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is rather dry because the bun itself is dry and quite hard to bite. I can't imagine how plain this pork chop bun can be if without the egg and cheese which I added on. This bun being as their signature dish is little unworthy for me.

Sawdust Cake Dessert @RM3.50
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - It is really like a sawdust which makes of biscuit crumbles. This dessert hardly impressed me because for me is just leftover biscuits with creams in it.

Overall about this restaurant I would say they are brave and bold. The reason I am saying this is their menu is very limited. There are only two types of pork burger. How to survive for the long run??? Second, I do not think such restaurant need to occupy two shop lots which is making it too big and empty. Third, by serving pork which means they are aiming for 30% population in Klang Valley. In another words, the 30% are the Chinese who is very skeptical about food like me. Innovative and unique are not enough to make us return but a delicious food will. However, I do not consider their food as super delicious just yet. 
Total Damage: RM36.30
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: No but if you have not tried, please do.

Tai Lei Loi Kei
71, Jalan Radin Bagus,
Bandar Baru Sri Petaling,
57000 KL
Business Hours: 11.00am - 11.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Marble 8, KLCC

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square