Zipangu Japanese Restaurant (Buffet) @Shangri-La Hotel KL

I have covered this restaurant in my previous post which was more into ala-carte meal. Right now I will bring you to their buffet style. RM96.00++ (adult) and half price for the child rate. I am holding a Prestige card which i will get 50% discount from the listed price. However, the Prestige Card no longer available after this year. They already replacing it with the Golden Circle Membership.
The salad bar and I had a lot of edamame here. My favorite bite!
Sushi counter on the right and the left is the teppanyaki. Their sushi and sashimi line were great but I am really disappointed with their lack of varieties at the teppanyaki counter. I am expecting more seafood selection. 
In the end, what worth your money is to take more from the sushi bar rather than others because you can eat more sashimi rather than those fried and rice stuffs.
This is the dessert line which I find it pretty weird because I do not find their ice cream. After consulted with a waitress, only I understood that it has to be ordered from them. So you are not allowed to scoop yourself. Weird and first time to see this. Not really sure the true meaning behind it. Anyway, the ice cream selections are Vanilla, Chocolate and Green Tea.
Their sushi is truly excellent. Sometimes people will said the food quality from the buffet and ala-carte are different. However, I do not find it so in this restaurant after I have tried both.
Sashimi as well! Basic salmon, toro, shiro toro and mackerel to choose. I like all of them.
But nothing to compare with their delicious oyster. So fresh! If you are having half a dozen of it through ala-carte already cost you around RM6.00/each. I easily finished up 12 pieces and I can have more easily. That is why I hate having a buffet because we tend to eat more than we could. 
Overall, I highly recommended this restaurant's buffet especially after the 50% discount but even without it, I do believe they are more worth if to compare with the likes of Jogoya and Gonbei-San which are not fresh at all! The important part of a Japanese buffet is to make sure the food served are fresh!
Total Damage: RM111.35
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Will I Revisit?: Yes!


Zipangu
Shangri-La Hotel (KL)
11, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 KL
Tel: 03-20322388
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 2.30pm; 6.30pm - 10.30pm (daily)
Buffet Hours: 11.30pm - 2.30pm (Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan