Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Lijiang, Yunnan
|Jade Dragon Snow Mountain is a most famous tourist spot in Lijiang. You are not consider being at Lijiang if you do not visit this snow mountain. That's what people says but I have different opinion, I will explain further so read on. To get to here:|
- Take a bus at Yuhe Parking Lot near the northern gate of Lijiang Old Down. You can buy the ticket in Tourist Service Center at the northern end of Lanhua Street, opposite Tianyu Hotel. The bus leaves for the Snow Mountain at 8.30am and returns at 4.30pm; the bus fare costs CNY40 per person.
- Take a taxi / car/ mini-van or carpool together from the downtown area. The distance is around 15 kilometers (10 miles). It takes around 40 minutes. The round-trip charter rate is around CNY 200.
- Or sign up with a local tour agency at Lijiang Old Town just like I did for CNY400 per pax. Make sure it is not a "shopping tour" which is easily known when they offer you much lower price than I got here. The tour includes, hotel pick up, oxygen tank, cold jacket, lunch, park entrance fee and cable car ticket fee.
- Entrance fee to the park = CNY130
- Sightseeing car to the ropeway = CNY20
- Cable car ticket fee = CNY180
- Insurance for the cable car = CNY2
|The total journey takes about 30 minutes. The view to the top is amazing. The weather is getting colder when we get to the top.|
|If you think we have reached the peak, you will be disappointed. You have to walk another 264m to get to the peak. This is just the cable car station.|
|If you are planning to have a rest first before the climb, take a photo with this cool llama. It is a real llama, not a fake one. Trust me. Or else where the local traditional costume from the Naxi tribe for a photoshot. All are chargeable.|
- Gastrointestinal - Loss of appetite, nausea, or vomiting, excessive flatulation
- Nervous - Fatigue or weakness, headache with or without dizziness or lightheadedness, insomnia, “pins and needles” sensation
- Locomotory - Peripheral edema (swelling of hands, feet, and face)
- Respiratory - Nose bleeding, shortness of breath upon exertion
- Cardiovascular - Persistent rapid pulse
- Other - General malaise
|If you think this is a big achievement for you, you should buy yourself a medal. They can carve your name on the spot. It costs CNY40 each.|
|Alright, time to walk down which is way easier than climbing up. You just have to be careful with the slippery stairs because of the snow.|
|No luck to see snow during our trip. The snow only happened at the midnight. Anyway, we just pick up and feel the snow and we let you to enjoy the panoramic view of the mountain.|
Total Cost: CNY400 (tour) / CNY332 (without land transfer, lunch, oxygen and winter jacket)
Operating Hours: 7.00am - 4.30pm (daily)