公巴好友海鲜, Teluk Kumbar Seafood

Have you ever dined by the sea and watching airplane landing just across the sea? I can't think of any other seafood restaurant can give you such experience but Teluk Kumbar Seafood. I am not attracted with the sea and airplanes. Actually I am here because they claimed that all their seafood are caught in the morning and cook in the evening. I called this FRESH!
Many people think that too! Look at the crowd at 6.00pm. Some people just to avoid the crowd, they shifted their usual dinner hour to 4.30pm. By the way, they started their business at 5.00pm. Exaggerate eh? But I am not kidding.
Fried squid with salted egg @RM12.00
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - Please ignore this. I ordered wrongly. It is too salty for my liking.

Lala in Sweet Spicy Sour Sauce @RM10.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Look at the lala meat! So BIG! As for the taste, it tickles more than half of my taste bud with sweet, sour and spicy. I just love it and the price is reasonable for this size of plate!

Big Clam in Herbal Soup @RM8.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - The clam shell is big so does its meat! The meat is so sweet and fresh. No fishy smell at all. So I do believe they had all these in the morning. The soup is full of herbal taste. The price is crazily reasonable!

Crab with Signature Sauce @RM31.50
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - There are two crabs served in this plate. You can choose whether you want male or female crab. This is the first time I tried this type of cooking. At first, I do not really like it because it is a little too spicy. However, the more I eat the more I like the sauce. I am not really that good yet to identify how they make this sauce but definitely it is worth to try something new.

It is a worthy 40 minutes drive to this amazing seafood restaurant from Georgetown. I will definitely be back to try some other great dishes. If you are a crab lover, please be there early because their crab usually will sold out by 8.00pm.
Total Damage: RM70.50
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Everything is very fast except the crab.
Recommended?: Yes

Teluk Kumbar Seafood
84, MK 9, Teluk Kumbar
11920
Pulau Pinang
Tel: 04-6491403
Business Hours: 5.00pm - 10.00pm (Tuesday off)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu