Nihon Kai Japanese Restaurant, Old Klang Road

It has been a long time since I introduced a Japanese Restaurant. My love for it never fades but it is just nothing new to fascinate me to try so I have been revisiting my personal favorites Japanese Restaurant. Lately, I had a small gathering with my old colleagues again and they introduced me to this Japanese restaurant which is known as Nihon Kai Japanese Restaurant. It is not a new restaurant and it is not that I do not know their existence, I am just having doubt whether this restaurant is good enough for my taste or not. 
My friend advised me to reserve a seat earlier to avoid disappointment and it seems like this restaurant is very red hot even on weekdays!
Tamago Sushi @RM3.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - A common egg sushi which is nothing special about. Edible the very least I can say.

Inari Sushi Special @RM7.50++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not a common inari which is using beancurd skin with rice. This is with additional seaweed in it and I love the new taste it has brought to me.

Temaki Soft Shell Crab @RM7.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Crunchy seaweeds + crunchy soft shell crab + crunchy bits = awesomeness! That's how a temaki should be.

Itako @RM6.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not bad if you have not been eating these little octopus for quite some time.

Gyoza @RM9.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Awfully bad taste because it was made too oily to make me feel queasy. Can skip this.

Ebi Tempura Maki @RM16.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is delicious especially when chewing their fresh prawns...truly awesome.

Oyako Don @RM11.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - A little too salty to my liking but others were happy with it. So this dish has become very subjective for me. Do try it and let me know.

Fried Rice @RM9.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Never judge a book by its cover. I doubt anyone of you will order a fried rice in a Japanese restaurant but please do not be amazed when I am about to tell you that this is the best among all we have ordered. The wok taste in this fried rice is not going to lose to any Chinese restaurants.

Omu Rice @RM10.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Using the same fried rice so it is equally delicious but instead of using demi-glace sauce, they are using a ketchup sauce so it becomes no different with Nasi Pattaya in a mamak restaurant which only cost RM4.00 nett!

Cha Soba @RM12.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not very impressive to me. Sorry, my expectation with cold soba is very high! Not easily please me so you may not take my rate in this Cha Soba so seriously.

Overall, this is not a bad Japanese Restaurant. Recommended to everyone but I do not think I will revisit them. Reason is they do not have anything special in their menu worth for me to come back again. If come back just for the fried rice will be quite ridiculous.

As for their service, I have no comment except they shouldn't screaming and scolding your own colleagues in front of your customers. That is a very unprofessional.

Total Damage: RM117.15
Service: 3/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: No

Nihon Kai Japanese Restaurant
4-2, Jalan Telok Gadong,
Off Jalan Klang Lama,
58100 KL
Malaysia
Tel: 03-79823668
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 3.00pm; 6.00pm - 10.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Japanese Tea House & Botanical Garden, Bukit Tinggi

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square