English Tea House and Restaurant, Sandakan - The Return

As promised in my last blog about this English Tea House and Restaurant that I will be back to try their scones and here I am once again at this beautiful place. 

Vintage iron and telephone are displayed here.
Wow! I wish to bring this home!
Other merchandise for sale here.
This is their latest reward and recognition.
Their past rewards...
Their open space dining area with a big tree to provide a good shelter from the extremely hot sunlight
A tourist is playing the British Royal Family game which is known as croquet.
In case you do not know how to play, here are the rules.
Last time we were sitting under the tree, so this time we decided to sit inside.
Teh Sabah which is available and serve in most areas in Sabah. When we request them to add hot water, they charged us an additional RM3.00++. That's super ridiculous. I wonder how they got the reward.
Chocolate Mousse @RM13.50++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - This is a real bad dessert. Their dessert really bad. My last experience has tried once and this time is still the same.

Royal Tea Set @RM38.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall 3/5 - Pretty disappointing. I will narrow down my review as below.

Fruits and normal brownies which I have mentioned earlier on that their desserts really very very bad. I wonder who is the bakery chef.
Sandwich is much better but the sandwich which I am focusing in this picture is called cucumber sandwich. That's really a cheapo type of sandwich to be displayed here.
Scones! Their scones are the biggest I have ever eaten for now. So my expectation is very high but somehow it taste really bad. Usually a good scone will give you a fluffy, soft and full of butter fragrance. But this one is no one near that. The scones stuck in every gap in my teeth and very hard to swallow. I almost choke.
A closer shot on the big scone!
I am very disappointed with their high tea set but that is not all. I find that their service is get even worse than before. We reached there and we requested for an air-conditioned room because that day was freaking hot! The waitress just simply point to the direction of a room. When we went in, the air-con in the room was not on and the waitress earlier on is not there to usher us in. We were so pissed with the service when we were felt like invisible there.

Total Damage: RM59.75
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 1/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Not anymore. For those who likes the ambiance here, very much recommended.


English Tea House & Restaurant
Sandakan:
No.2002, Jalan Istana, 90000 Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia
Tel: 089-222-545


Kota Kinabalu:
No.5, Jalan Gaya, 88000, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Tel: 088-213-848


Operating Hours: 10:00 am till midnight daily 

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu