La Bodega @Pavilion Mall KL

A rare face in my blog but she is one my oldest friend that I have and she is also my best friend, Ms. Ailin whom it is so hard to meet up! I hope when she read this she got to improve our meet up frequency. Hahaha... Anyway, today we went to a very well known Spanish Restaurant, La Bodega. She never been to one yet so that is why I wanted to have her here.
Pollo "Yakitori" Picante con Allioili (tapas) @RM17.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 4/5 - Even though it is quite expensive to have at RM8.50++/stick but the taste of the chicken is so tender and delicious. It is quite spicy especially it comes with garlic mayonnaise taste but I am okay with it because that is the reason why it is delicious! It is amazing to see a Japanese Yakitori in Spanish style. Please take note they need to take 15 minutes time to prepare this. Good food just have to wait!

Trucha Asalmonada en Salsa Verde (raciones) @RM28.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Another superbly delicious dish! The seared salmon is made so fresh and sweet but the highlights for this dish is the salsa verde which is known as green sauce. There are different type of green sauces around the world which are Italian, French, Spanish, German, Mexican and Argentinian. So this is a Spanish salsa verde which makes this dish to be super delicious.

It comes with these breads for you to dip in with the salsa verde and eat! Yummy!
Fideua @RM27.00++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 0/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 1/5 - It is an angel hair pasta cooked in a paella with chicken, braised octopus and peas. Paella is a Spanish national dish. Very disappointing because the first bite is already so salty which I have to rinse my mouth with drinking water. In the end, I have to put Tabasco with it to enhance the taste. It is quite a horror when you had a series of good dishes and spoiled by the last dish. You need to wait 30 minutes for this food. So I have to take back my words earlier...good food does not always have to wait.

Creme Catalana @RM10.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - I wanted to compensate my disappointment earlier with a dessert but unfortunately this dessert did a very little help. This is Spanish creme brulee which I do not taste any difference with an ordinary creme brulee at all. The layer of caramelized sweet is still too sweet and hard like a glass. The inside is not creamy enough for me. 

Overall, I still like their hot food (calientes) series. Next time I would like to try their cold food (frias) series. As for their national food, I think I will not try again. I do not like their ambiance because it is so noisy and definitely not a best place for fine dining. Apart of that, they do not have someone to serve you at the entrance and they do not make a special section for smoking. So actually you can smoke anywhere inside or outside the restaurant.
Total Damage: RM132.25
Ambiance: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Slow
Will I Revisit?: Yes but no more Paella.

La Bodega
Lot C3.06.00
Level 3, Pavilion KL,
Tel: 03-21488018
Business Hours: 10.00am - 2.00am (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Japanese Tea House & Botanical Garden, Bukit Tinggi

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square