Blue Moon Valley, Lijiang
|Blue Moon Valley is a popular spot inside the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Scenic Area, 15 kilometers (9 miles) away from Lijiang Old Town. You can either take a through bus or charter a minibus to get to the Snow Mountain first.|
- Take a through bus at Yuhe Parking Lot near the northern gate of Lijiang Old Down. You can buy the ticket in Tourist Service Center at the northern end of Lanhua Street, opposite Tianyu Hotel. The bus leaves for the Snow Mountain at 8.30pm and returns at 4.30pm; the bus fare costs CNY40 per person.
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain is 22 kilometers (14 miles) away from Lijiang Old Town. You can charter a minibus at a charge of CNY200~300 for a round-trip; a one-way trip should take around 40 minutes.
- Upon arrival, take a sightseeing bus at the visitors' center near the gate of the scenic area to the valley; the fare is CNY20. Other spots inside like Spruce Plateau, Yak Plateau, and Glacier Park Cable Car Terminus can also be accessed by sightseeing bus.
- You can also signed up for any local tour agencies which you can find at Lijiang Old Town. You can compare for the best price especially when you have a larger group. Please watch out of "shopping tour". You can ask to clarify. Usually they will be honest with you or else just check their price after your few survey. If there is a tour that's cheaper almost 50% of your surveyed price, most likely it is a "shopping tour".
- I signed up for a tour which cost me CNY400 per pax which includes trip to Blue Moon Valley, Jade Dragon Mountain, lunch, pickup from my hotel and transportation.
|Snow mountain and blue lake is one of the perfect combination gifted by our mother earth. This amazing landscape can only be truly enjoyed if you witness it by yourself. Picture is just telling you 10% of the whole story.|
|Shuttling between Spruce Plateau and the valley by ropeway, you can have a bird's-eye view of the deep and serene river valley, with the river as a jade girdle around the flourishing vegetation.|
|There are many photo spots you can take and it is up to your imagination on how to make it more interesting. But do not try any stunt like this. It is for the professionals. Hehe...|
Operating Hours: 6.00am - 6.00pm