Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Dim sum is always everyone's favourite even to our Muslim friends but finding a Halal and delicious dimsum is not that easy at all. After I have dined in Restoran Minmax, I know this is the best ever Halal dimsum that's available in Malaysia currently.
It advised to come before 12.00pm during office hours or else you will have a hard time finding a seat. Even you able to find a seat, you will need to wait for a long time for the food to arrive.
Prawn Dumplings @RM6.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - The prawn that is hidden inside the dumpling skin is so big and tangy. It is so fresh which you wish there is more than a prawn inside it. Absolutely delicious!


Scallop Dumpling @RM12.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - You are not getting a tiny pieces and you are not getting just half but one whole 20 cents sized scallop inside the dumpling. The scallop is so fresh and succulent too which you will never regret ordering it even it is a little pricey.


Siew Mai @RM6.90++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - In a non-halal dim sum restaurant, this is the one usually contains pork in it. Since this restaurant is a halal restaurant, they have replaced the pork with chicken and mixed with prawn meat in it. The taste is still delicious but just the appearance a little not that excellent.


Beancurd Roll @RM6.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Usually this was made very salty in those non-halal dim sum restaurant but in this restaurant, it was done decently. 


Crispy Prawn @RM3.90++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Normally I do not like fried stuff because it is always made too oily and they usually have the used oil taste in it. Surprisingly for this restaurant, they done it very well. It is oily but not too oily till the extend you will get queasy with it. It is so crispy and with delicious prawn meat is still remains its chewy sensation even after a deep fried.


Salted Egg Yolk Bun @RM6.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Salted egg yolk bun is always one of the dim sum that I will order. I like the hot piping salted egg squirt into my mouth the moment I bite it. The fragrance of the salted egg yolk roam over my mouth which will remain in it for quite sometime. I always leave this till the end. I like to leave a dim sum restaurant with the salted egg yolk taste in my mouth.

Fried Sui Gao @RM5.90++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - This is a little normal for me because I feel that the skin is too thick enough to cover the taste of the filling in it. They should increase more filling in it.

Fried Carrot Cake @RM6.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - I never like fried carrot cake even after I had this one in this restaurant, I still do not like it. My friend told me that it is very fragrant and savory taste in it which I failed to admire it that way. Maybe it is my personal opinion which is very biased on fried carrot cake.

Overall, we do enjoyed this place very much. I will not hesitate to invite my Muslim friends when I have another school gathering again.
Total Damage: RM86.75
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Slow
Will I Revisit?: Yes

Restoran Minmax
Lot 2.1, Level 2, PNB Darby Park,
Jalan Binjai
50450 KL
Tel: 03-21668669
Business Hours: 11.00am - 10.30pm (Monday - Saturday); 9.00am - 10.30pm (Sunday)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang