Renoma Cafe Gallery, Bukit Bintang

Everytime when I used Jalan Bukit Bintang road, this restaurant just cannot escape from my attention, Renoma Cafe Gallery. Most of us knows what Renoma is specialized in apparel design especially famous on men's undergarments. Now they are investing in F&B business.
This French-based company is very daring in their sense of art. "Something that cannot be explained by science, that is an art." That's what people usually say to me. I never going to understand Maurice Renoma's philosophy in art.
They have another building here for their kitchen.
The moment I stepped in, it does gave me the grand feeling with their high ceilings.
However, what caught my attention after that is their table design. Only this table has their chair customized with their own designed. This table will be always reserved for their VVIP guests.
Some antiques for display here which brings little nostalgic memories back.
They have their multipurpose stage which some company would have their anniversary dinner or any new launching that they would like to have in this restaurant. So you can have an event by book the whole restaurant. There was one day I planned to visit this restaurant but has been declined by an ongoing event.
A library alike design here which is not just to keep their books but also their wine.
They do sell their cakes and desserts. I tried their homemade creme caramel @RM6.80++. It is a disappointing one. A simple bakery shop such as Lavender can make a better one than this.
Their mocktail promo selling at RM7.00++/per glass during lunch hour. Only selected mocktail only. It sounds like a grab but I prefer their warm water instead.
Complimentary bread for every dine-in customer. What I like most is their garlic butter which is very fragrant and delicious. We ordered a lunch promo which is cost at RM29.00++ for 2 course menu.
French Onion Soup Gratinee
Outlook: 1/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 1/5
Overall: 1/5 - First of all, they should inform their customer that this soup contains beef. Second, too salty and it is unacceptable. Last, looks messy and not delightful to eat.

Vintage Caesar Salad
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not bad. After all it is just a bowl of simple salad.

Frutti de Mare
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Spaghetti is not well cooked. I can still chew the hardness in it. The seafood is not fresh especially the scallops. While the prawn is overly grilled which lost the own prawn sweetness in it. Maybe the prawn is not fresh as well.

Smoked Duck Carbonara
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taster: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The gravy is not creamy enough. The fettucine is still has the hardness in it as well. The smoked duck is good but not as good as the one I had at Cestino Bakery & Bistro

Tiramisu @RM20.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Looks very attractive because this is the longest Tiramisu I have ever seen but don't get deceived by my picture. Too creamy until the stage I will say "queasy". Bitter taste is strong which has covered the rum taste in it. Actually, I almost barely notice there is a rum.

I saw they had this Foie Gras Burger which is interesting enough to make me come back again next time to try them. However after the disappointing food that I have tasted above, I think I rather skip that intention. I believe there are other French restaurant will serve Foie Gras Burger as well. I think I would rather support their undergarments instead of their restaurant.
Total Damage: RM114.60
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Slow
Will I Revisit?: No

Renoma Cafe Gallery
Lot 510, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 KL
Tel: 03-21439919
Business Hours:-
Tue - Wed: 12.00 pm - 12.00 am
Thu - Sat: 12.00 pm - 1.00 am
Sun: 12.00 pm - 12.00 am
(Monday off)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Quan Ice Cream & Coffee House, Pandan Indah