The Apartment @The Curve

It has been quite a while since my last visit at The Apartment restaurant. A lot of changes since then so here I am to try it out again with their new menu selection.
If you are a fan of A&W root beer, F&N Sarsi or Frost Classic Root Beer like me, you have to try this original Bickford's Sarsaparilla @RM15.05. This is the true root beer with authentic taste of sarsaparilla which you would never taste like before.
Wild Mushroom Soup @RM15.05
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Thick, creamy and full of mushroom soup richness in it which is enough to pamper your desire over a mushroom soup. It would be better if they let us to do the peppering ourselves. I tasted too much pepper in it sometimes which has covered up the real mushroom taste.


Mussels and Clams with Ciabatta Bread in creme fraiche & white wine @RM29.05
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - You can choose either clam or mussel. I rather choosing both so I am able to taste the best of both world. However as for the broth, you only can choose one which is either chilli tomato or the one I was having which is creme fraiche and white wine. I prefer this because it reminded me the time I had one of my best mussel experience in Singapore with my aunt. As for the taste, I still prefer the one that I had in Singapore where the white wine tasted so strong and I almost drunk over it. Sorry, I am exaggerating. It was more like I am drunk over the mussel. However, this is not that bad either. It is just I had something better already. The creamy and the fresh seafood taste is still visible. Not a bad choice at all.

Greek Mac and Cheese @RM30.20
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - It is a macaroni in a creamy cheese sauce with fresh dill, feta cheese, spinach and a Greek spice blend. The creamy cheese is so fragrance and strong enough which I thought there is an alcohol in it. In addition, I love how they make the spinach to this crispy. However, I am still not good in handling food with cheese. I got easily full and queasy by just 2 bites of it. So I was pretty sad that I did not manage the whole thing. It was wasted.


Almond Crusted Cod @RM75.65
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - It is a small piece of cod fillet with an almond crust, tomato confit and the clam has cooked with beurre blanc separately which means this dish contains alcohol in it. This is the best dish I had that night because the soft and fresh cod fish really mix so well with the tomato confit with slight alcohol broth in it. You just have to eat them all together to get the real taste of this dish. They are just a perfect match.

Overall, this restaurant has changed so much in their menu which really excites me a lot. I wish to come back again to try some other dishes!
Total Damage: RM160.35 (2 pax)
Service: 3/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: Yes

Lot 72, 73 & 74
Ground Floor, Western Courtyard
(next to TGI Fridays)
The Curve Shopping Centre
Mutiara Damansara
Tel: 03-7727 8330
Business Hours: 11.00am - 10.00pm (daily)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang