Sushi Azabu, Isetan The Japan Store @Lot10

It has been a while since my last Omakase session. I just miss having a chef in front of me preparing all kinds of amazing food to surprise me. This time this dream was fulfilled at Sushi Azabu which is located at the 4th floor inside Isetan, The Japan Store. Our chef that day was a handsome Japanese guy called Mr. Makoto Saito. 
There are 3 types of Omakase set which starts from RM120++ which is known as Koi, comes with 10 types of unique nigiri sushi. Next is Azabu Course @RM220++, 2 kinds of sashimi, chawanmushi, 7 pieces of nigiri sushi, makimono, palate freshener and a dessert. If you would like something premium, go for Chef's Specialty Course @RM420++. What will be given to you will be a complete surprise. I had Koi course on that day. It was really enough for a small appetite like me.
Supposed to get 10 pieces of different type of nigiri sushi but in the end I just realized that I only get 8 types of sushi
Is it because some of the sushi given to us is using a premium type of fish meat?
I do not have the answer but that's what happened to me and I forgot to calculate the number of sushi served at that time. I have trusted them for being professional without any doubt that they will reduce the number of sushi.
I do not want to make any speculation too about this issue but the fact is I got 8 pieces of nigiri sushi only instead of 10 pieces.
Lesson learned which is be cautious and calculate the number of sushi or sashimi that is served to you. Make sure it is the same as what is written in their menu.
Nonetheless, I still have to give credit to their sushi which is absolutely delicious, fresh and delightful. It was so scrumptious enough which makes you to forget to count the number of sushi. LOL
I believe it is some mistake somewhere which is no deliberately done by the chef. After all, this is a professional omakase Japanese restaurant.
The most unforgettable piece of sushi for me is definitely their Unagi sushi. No bony inside, not too sweet and not too salty which remains the sweetness of the fresh eel itself. Perfect! 
Finally, we had miso soup in the end. No dessert for a happy ending for this course. That's the upset of this course. A scoop of  green tea ice cream won't cost that much, wouldn't it?
Overall, my friend from Mongolia was having a great time at this restaurant. This is her first time experience Japanese cuisine in her first ever visit in Malaysia. 
Damage: RM254.40
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: No but recommended

Sushi Azabu
Lot 10, 
50, Jalan Sultan Ismail 
Bukit Bintang
50250 KL
Tel: 03-21192624
Business Hours: 11.00am - 3.00pm; 6.00pm - 11.00pm (daily)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Quan Ice Cream & Coffee House, Pandan Indah