Uncle Don's, Solaris Dutamas

Chef Don Daniel Theseira is the owner of Duke & Duchess and Uncle Don's who has the concept of serving good quality food and beverage at a very low price in a 5 stars environment. He is from Melaka with 38 years and counting in culinary in Malaysia, Singapore and Australia. He had opened 5 branches in Klang Valley and I am expecting to be more in other cities soon. I like their idea of hiring Philippines instead of other countries is because the Philippines can speak a better than English and able to communicate well with the locals.
Grilled Chicken Chop @RM11.80++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 3/5 - A plate like this just cost RM11.80++??? Seriously where can you get? The cheapest price I could find so far is RM5.00 more. I can't be complaining more for such a price. The taste was acceptable just the rice was a bit dry and hard.

Pizza Mutton Curry @RM17.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - Usually I can't eat more than 2 pieces but for this pizza, I finished half myself. This thinly crusted pizza which is full of mutton curry mixing with mozzarella cheese is just divinely superb. I will be back for more of this.

Pork Burger @RM11.80++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - First of all, I mean RM11.80++, for real? Even Namoo Korean Restaurant which is located at the opposite of this restaurant is selling twice the price. Next is the taste, this is one of the juiciest and thickest pork patty I have ever seen! You got to eat this with your hands. No fork and knife please...

Spaghetti Bolognaise Chicken @RM11.80++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 3/5 - Once again, the price tag is really makes me so unbelievable. I thought the portion should be small since it is so cheap. But it is not! It is slightly bigger too! As for the taste, it was not bad for such a price.

Melaka Portuguese Assam Pedas @RM13.80++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - It is a stingray cooked with eggplant in tamarind juice & chili paste, served with keropok and rice. This is another one of their best dish for my dinner. Spicy and hot yet delicious gravy which mixed together with soft and tender stingray's meat. The combination is too perfect which I hardly find any flaw in it. I really made my widest smile ever whenever I took a bite of it. The best of all is the price is super cheap. I can't stress enough how cheap is their food is for a quality like this.

Their food were good but their drinks are really not up to standard for the price. For example for this Perfect 10 ice-cream smoothies, it supposed to be smoothed but all I can drink is the ice. Nothing special about it and it is a disappointment for a price of RM12.80++ which is more expensive than their meal. Actually, their signature is their Extra Cold Mug beer which cost at RM9.35++. They only have Carlsberg which is my least favourite so I did not try it.
I have to admit Uncle Don does achieved his mission of bringing high quality food at a cheaper price but I do not think it is a 5 stars environment. We were seating at the back of the restaurant with rain pouring in on us, no 50" LED TV as they claimed they have, no great audio system, shaky tables, weak lighting and no air-condition. I would say it is a comparable to a hawker stall environment. Oh well, I have to deal with it since the price is really low.
Total Damage: RM84.69
Ambiance: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes

Uncle Don's
D2-G4-2, Solaris Dutamas,
Jalan Dutamas 1,
Kuala Lumpur  
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 1.00am (daily)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Kingtu Restaurant, Taman Cheng Utama

Restoran Makanan Laut Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

Quan Ice Cream & Coffee House, Pandan Indah