Mi Na Rae Korean Restaurant, Sri Petaling

It has been a very long time since I have written about a Korean cuisine. I have been upset by a lot of new Korean restaurants recently until the point of time I truly forgot when was the best time I had a good Korean meal before. Lately, as I have been keep exploring the food places in Sri Petaling, my Elayna Jie recommended me again a restaurant called Mi Na Rae. Mi Na Rae Korean Restaurant is located at the first floor. Have you ever wonder why most of the Korean likes to open their restaurant upstairs? I really do not know why and it seems like a culture to them.
The set up is very humble and cozy. You won't see any haze in this restaurant like you used to see in other Korean restaurant where they will cook in front of you. This restaurant's policy is no cooking in front of their customer. So if you like to see your food prepared right in front of you, this is not the restaurant you are looking for.
Kimchi Mandu Jeongol (small) @RM50.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Their small portion can feed four of us. I wonder if they know what does small really means. Anyway, this is a kimchi soup with tofu, glass noodle and dumplings. I love the tofu which is really soft and tender which is best accompany with my favorite glass noodle. They just match perfectly with the kimchi soup. As for dumplings, not really that special enough for me. 


Pork Belly @RM23.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - All the BBQ I have ordered on that day were all really delicious. However, this ranked last among all. Please do not get me wrong. This is really delicious with their special marinated recipe on the meat which preserved inside the meat very well until we chewed on it. The only reason rank last among all is because it did contain too much "pork taste" in it. It is not raw, just slightly a little too much porky taste. For some people may not like it especially my sister. I did some research about it and I found that it is known as Boar Taint. According to Texas Tech University, when a male pig hits puberty, his body produces the pheromone (Androstenone) and an intestinal product (Skatole). They can settle into the fatty tissue of the pig and be released when cooked. There is no food safety issues associated with eating meat that has Boar Taint. It is just affecting the food quality standard.


Pork Belly Thin @RM23.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - You might be thinking the previous one should be the same like this one since both of them are pork belly. You are wrong! The texture is the main difference. This is the first Korean restaurant that I have blogged so far separated their pork belly into two different dishes with this one is particularly finely thin. The first one will give you more chewing work today while enjoying the fragrance roaming through your mouth slowly. As for this finely thinned pork belly gives you a little crispy and crunchy sensation with whole flavor in it just bombarded inside your mouth the moment you start chewing it. Another delightful experience in a Korean restaurant.


Smoked BBQ Duck @RM25.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - It is unforgivable if a Korean restaurant doesn't serve smoked BBQ duck. It is a sin if a Korean restaurant can't even make their smoked BBQ duck right. Luckily, they passed the two tests. You will never get enough of their smoked BBQ duck. The ratio between the fatty part and the duck meat is so perfectly which you can taste the heavy BBQ taste smoked in your mouth with a little juicy from the fatty part sprinkle on your taste bud gracefully. Perfect combination. I reckon this is the one of the best Korean restaurant that serves a wonderful smoked BBQ duck that I have ever dined so far.

The kids are happy and so do we. They got their rice and delicious BBQ meat to eat while we got our kimchi soup to savor. If you do notice, I did not show any of their side dishes picture in this post. They do serve the usual unlimited refilling side dishes. There are 8 types of them but none of them really impress me until the state I totally ignored them by not taking any photograph. That's the only thing this restaurant got to improve. Otherwise, this restaurant would be a perfect restaurant.
Total Damage: Thanks to Elayne Jie for the treat as my birthday meal. So I am not sure how much is it.
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: Yes


Mi Na Rae Korean Restaurant
39-1, First Floor, Jalan Radin Bagus, 
Bandar Baru Sri Petaling, 
57000 KL
Tel: 012-6956987
Business Hours: 11.00am - 3.00pm; 5.00pm - 9.45pm (weekdays), 11.00am - 9.45pm (weekends)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan