Tomi Sushi @Katong V, East Coast

Japanese food in Singapore is freaking expensive for a Malaysian like me who only earn RM. This time my Auntie Kiew Ling is nice enough to take me to my first time ever Japanese cuisine experience in Singapore at Tomi Sushi. I am too shy to order like I used to order when I was in Malaysia because I know is my aunt who is going to foot the bill in the end. So please bear with me because there will be lack of variety to introduce in this post.
The seating in this restaurant is not really big. There are only about 10 tables for a 4 pax table size.
They got sushi bar too where you will see the chef live in action. There are a lot of seafood variety here and this is just a part of it.
Tokusen Sashimi 8 kinds @S$94.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - We were told by my cousin that their signature is the chutoro and otoro. So the cheapest way is to order 8 different kinds of sashimi with 2 pieces each. The chutoro and otoro is indeed living up to the expectation. I really like the way they slowly melted in my mouth. Absolutely divine. Others are not bad too but the main star is still the tuna! One more thing worth to note for which not many Japanese restaurants practicing this which is the soy sauce used for sushi and sashimi are different when you dine at Tomi Sushi.

Zaru Soba @S$12.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Simple and delicious. Meet my expectation what a Soba supposed to be but not good enough to consider it to be outstanding.

Spicy Niku Udon @S$18.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not as spicy as I thought. I like the Udon which is very tangy. I chew it like chewing a chewing gum. Soup base was good too. Overall is acceptable but it is not a must order dish.

Goma Ice Cream @S$3.80++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is a must order dessert! The black sesame aroma is so rich in fragrance and will stay in your mouth to keep you wanting for more of it. Very seductive! The best part is the price is cheaper than the one I had in KL! You can check back my blog about one of the Japanese restaurant in KL about this Goma Ice Cream. I am very surprised when I see the price tag. I thought the ice cream will be a low quality one but turned out to be almost the same.

Matcha Ice Cream @S$3.80++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Very smooth and milky matcha but the matcha taste is hardly noticeable. If I am blind folded, I might not know what kind of ice cream I am having it. 

Overall, I feel that it is not a really bad Japanese restaurant for me to begin with in Singapore. The customer service is acceptable especially when we were keep complaining their ocha (green tea) is so tasteless like plain water, they keep on remake the ocha and for the third time finally the ocha is taste like ocha again. LOL! By the way, their ocha is free unlike most of the Japanese restaurants in Malaysia. Even it is free, my aunt still very fussy about it. Well, to be honest, it is not easy to earn money from a Singaporean. Trust me. (Am I bad mouthing my aunt? Er...no right?) LOL x2!
Total: S$154.90
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Yes unless you know a better one in Singapore. 

Tomi Sushi
Katong V
#02-14/15/16, 
30, East Coast Road,
Singapore 428751
Tel: +65 - 6348 7897
Business Hours: 11.30pm - 2.00pm; 5.30pm - 10.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2