Ishin Jap @Jalan Klang Lama

I always have been wanted to visit Ishin Jap Japanese Dining but because they located at the busy road of Jalan Klang Lama, I always have to reconsider. The peak hours is always around 6.00pm after working hours. Crazy traffic! However, I still do not care because I almost finishing dining all the famous Japanese restaurant in Klang Valley already. 

My girl was so sexy that day...hahahaha...can't get my eyes off her that day.
The first Japanese restaurant that is using iPad 1 as their menu. Truly very high tech. All the food photos shown in this iPad are really attractive and mouth watering! Very cleverly done which work better than the old school menu which the color of the photos will fade away one day.
The sushi bar in a round table style.
Deep-fried Ebi as our appetizer. Taste not bad but I am expecting something sourish which works best as an appertizer.
Sashimi Moriawase @RM62.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - The cheapest Sashimi Moriawase that I have ordered so far. Pretty thick and delicious too! About freshness, Ishin Jap never let me down even such a price. In this Sashimi Moriawase which is all fishes which are Tuna, Salmon, Amberjack, Yellowtail and Butterfish. 5 kinds with 3 pieces per kind. If you noticed, I really prefer to order all fish only in my Sashimi Moraiwase and Ishin Jap allowed us to make the change. I just dislike Ika, Ebi and Tako because they are pretty cheap stuff for me.

3 Taste Mini Chawanmushi @RM14.00++
Outlook: 5/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 4/5 - You just have to give them a lot of credit for making a simple chawanmushi to be this delicious and creative. The 3 tastes are from fish roe, sea urchin and crab roe. Because they are inside an egg shell so there is not much in it. I really do not wish to share this dish!

Unagi Yanagawa @RM42.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Usually we have Unagi Kabayaki which is in teppanyaki style but Ishin Jap making it different to soak the unagi in an egg mushroom gravy. Slightly salty because of the gravy but overall it taste good. Superb new experience in Japanese dining. However, I am pretty upset when they served so differently than what they have displayed in their iPad menu. In the iPad menu, it supposed to be in a mini pot and with a little stove below to keep it hot.

Sakura Irodorimen @RM19.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - They are having the Sakura season promo where they served their Inaniwa Udon in Sakura flavor. For your information, Sakura season in Japan is between April - June. At first, I am pretty reluctant to try it because the bad experience I have with the Mochi Sakura at Mochi Sweets. However, I convinced myself that as a food explorer I just need to try something different. So I tried and I am glad I did not do something regretful. It was really delicious. The special sauce comes along with it was so delicious and really comparable with the one at Xenri Japanese Restaurant.

Eat a cold noodle can never be this fun without this sauce.
Omu Rice @RM25.00++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 1/5 - I always dream to try the Omu Rice which I have seen in the Japanese Drama series called Lunch no Joou or known as "Lunch Queen" which was aired since 2002. So when I saw them serving Omu Rice, I was delighted. I thought I can experience like what Yuko Takeuchi did but unfortunately is totally different. By the look of it is a disappointment and after tasting it, further disappointment. Too much MSG. Probably a mamak Nasi Pattaya is way better than this and it just cost RM5.00.

I really like this restaurant because of their food quality is really the highest but maybe except the Omu Rice. I also like they provide a free jockey service too! But one thing I cannot accept for a restaurant at this standard and having iPad as their menu but do not accept American Express. I am Amex card lover for their crazy 5x reward points which I have changed a 46" LED Samsung TV lately. So for a high class Japanese restaurant that does not accept American Express, I do not feel them high class at all. One more thing I dislike about this restaurant is unlike Iketeru Japanese Restaurant, they just love to throw everything we have ordered on our table without checking our speed to finish our food. We are at the state that we do not know what should we taste next. Pretty awful!
Total Damage: RM184.80
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: No but recommended to others who is not Amex cardholder and also not very fussy about their service.

Ishin Japanese Dining
202 Persiaran Kelang Of 3 3/4,
Jalan Kelang Lama
58000 KL
Tel: 03-7980 8228
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 3.00pm; 6.00pm - 10.30pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu