Restoran Seafood Sim-Sim, Sandakan

After the bad experience at Restoran Ocean King Seafood, I just can't give myself up to find a better seafood restaurant to replace my disappointment. So I have found Restoran Seafood Sim-Sim. This restaurant is having the same concept which is built above the sea water so called Kelong style. There are two similar restaurants here which is called Restoran Seafood Sim-Sim 88 and it is located on the right of this restaurant.

This is the Restoran Seafood Sim-Sim 88 which is pretty fancy and very well decorated. According to the local, this restaurant is just looks good but the food is below par. Well, I do believe so since I already mentioned before that fancy restaurant is meant for tourist only.
However when I reached there, I saw their fishes display like in the wet market. I was expecting them to be alive in the aquarium.
Even their other seafood especially the crabs are so skinny! I was pretty disappointed with this restaurant at that time until I said it out straight to them about their crabs. The waitress gave me a response by telling me actually that is not all their crabs. They kept all their best seafood aside. I was really surprised when she showed me one of their fatty crab. 
甜酸蟹 @RM40.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - I am not really a fan of sweet and sour because usually the taste always does not reach the meat. Same goes to this dish as well. However, the meat is really good. So big and fat!

姜葱沙白 @RM27.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The sweetness of the big clams is so tasty enough which you just wish to finish up the whole plate yourself.

Closer look on the clam
Kicap Sotong @RM15.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - Looks not really appetizing but you will be absolutely stunned that this simple dish which cook with the black sauce can be this nice! 

潮州蒸白昌 @RM50.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is a real huge White Pomfret I ever seen. However, the taste is really so-so only. 

马来占树叶 @RM12.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - I really like the spicy kick together with the fresh vegetable. Absolutely delicious!

This is not a Sun. Yes, we are accompany by a big moon for that night. Really feel so blessed and exciting.
This restaurant is way better than the Restoran Ocean King Seafood without any doubt. However, I still do not feel that is the best to challenge with Restoran Siu Siu and Yuan Xiang Seafood Restaurant at Port Dickson. I somehow feel that known as one of the best seafood city in Malaysia to have such standard is pretty disappointing.

Total Damage: RM150.00
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Not really 

Business Hours: 6.30am-3.30pm (morning session); 5.30pm - 9.30pm (night session)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu