汇东假日酒店, Tianhe

The main objective to Guangzhou is not looking for the best local food here but actually I am here for business trip. So today I am meeting one of my supplier for my business and they brought us to this great restaurant which is located inside a hotel called 汇东假日酒店. The hotel seems to be not really well maintain but the food there is totally awesome. Read on and I will share with you more about it.

Our supplier get a room for us to dine and the minimum spending for the room is CNY350. Not a lot actually. Easily achieved when you have at least 3-4 pax in the room. 
Stewed Mutton
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - It is always good to have mutton during winter. It warms your body somehow. However, do remember this is a heaty food so try to avoid having it too much or you will going to spoil your own trip.

Fresh oyster in sauce.
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - The oyster is so delicious. Very fresh to me and that plate is just not enough!

Chicken in White Wine
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - Seriously not a bad dish for me. The wine white gravy is very delicious to mix with the chicken. Truly splendid!

Stewed Lotus Root with Peanut
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 2/5- It may not look so delicious to you but this lotus root really very delicious. Unlike in Malaysia, their lotus root is the softest I have eaten so far.

Salmon Fillet
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Actually this restaurant is serving Sashimi but does not sell live fish for steam which normally what an older people who like to have. For me, I rather have sashimi but since they do not like eat raw food so we have the salmon to be grilled in fillet. The taste is so sweet and delicious. After all, it is from the fresh salmon. 

Leek! - Sorry I opted out the moment I saw this dish. So I did not try any of this.
Baked Onion Cookies
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Very fragrance cookies which is so fragrant enough to roam within your mouth while you are chewing it.

Golden Egg
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - This plate is seriously not enough. It is finished within seconds. The inside is the smooth hot kaya filling with crunchy outside. I like this dessert so much.

Golden Bun
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Outlook: 4/5 - Because the above two desserts were so delicious but hardly enough. We ordered another type of dessert. Their dessert is serving by dozen with the minimum of 1/2 dozen. So since 1/2 dozen earlier on was not enough, we ordered 1 dozen this time. This is another wonderful dessert. The bun is so soft with hot filling inside. The skin is full of melted sugar so this dessert is slightly sweeter than other desserts.

This is the hotel I am talking about. Not very sure of each of the dish price because it is not me who is paying the bill. But I do not the total damage was CNY600++ which I do think it is pretty reasonable and cheap because we did opened a bottle of red wine on top of this meal.

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2