Restoran Guan Sin, Kluang

I still can remember very well when connecting me and old friend of mine, Eric since 15 years ago. I came from a poor family while Eric is the opposite and very humbly does not get very choosy in his friendship. At that time, it was quite frequent for me to drop by his house after our morning school session for a lunch and hangout until late evening for another additional class for Physic and Chemistry subject or sometimes basketball.

We do not carry handphones which nowadays is quite common for a 5 years old kid to carry an iPhone. There was no Facebook, Twitter or even Friendster but there are mIRC and ICQ which are very popular at that moment. Ermm...I should say there was no broadband yet. However, there is still a dial-up 56k speed available at Eric's house while I do not even have a computer! FYI, computers at that time was freaking expensive! No joke! You can easily purchase a RM1500 computer now but 15 years ago, RM1500 can only buy a CRT 16" monitor.

So it was a norm for my daily life to drop by his house online and playing computer games. Even his grandma started to think I am a part of his family. LOL. I think at that time he also quite irritated by my presence as well. Who knows? Haha... Anyway 15 years later, here I am at his wedding dinner.

This is his 3rd wedding dinner after Sibu and Singapore.
My "Dai Sou", Hui Zhi and the man I have been talking about, Eric. I know Hui Zhi after we have a certain business relationship. She is a very nice and talented lady. She can be very serious and fearsome too! Haha~
Shark Fin Soup with Sea Cucumber
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - There are a lot of chicken meat at the bottom of the soup. Quite weird for me to find so much chicken meat in this shark fin soup.

Roast Baby Pork
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 4/5 - I am not fancy with oily and fatty food. But according to all my friends in the same table, they said is the best dish they had for that night. Even our Indian friends are amazed with it. So I guess it should be tasted very good.

Steamed Silver Promphet
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - My favorite fish!!! Very nice...nicer than the one I had at Fu Kua Restaurant. But still got room for improvement.

Mushroom Platter
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - Lotsa mushrooms!!! Not my favorite but the taste still acceptable.

Butter Prawn
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 4/5 - Butter Prawn is a always my favorite dish. This one does not fail me with the good taste.

Pumpkin Fried Rice
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 4/5 - The rice itself is so hard and taste like overcooked. But when you eat together with the pumpkin, perfect!

Red Bean Dessert
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 3/5 - Slightly too sweet. Nothing special but not a bad dessert.

Wedding is always the best place to gather back all your long lost old mates.
Let's wish the newly wed all the best in their life and hope they enjoy their happiness forever.
Attending a good friend wedding especially an old friend is truly amazing. It is an opportunity to gather all our other old friends and having a whole day to catch up among us. As for my experience with Eric during our childhood, it was consider full stop for it that night and become our sweet memories because another new chapter for him and me to start or continue with. I just hope they will be happily ever after.
Note to Eric: Bro, one day bro forever bro ya! =)
Note to Hui Zhi: Please forgive me if I did ever made you upset and thank you for everything you have given to me.


Total Damage: I can't be disclosing my Ang Pow here right? Hehe...
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate:
Will I Revisit?: Normal dinner but not for my wedding 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu